Estimate your Librem 5 shipping

You can make it do less than your former smartphone.

4 Likes

Tony adds a data point in the #community-librem-5:talk.puri.sm room:
Ordered: 2017-10-08 (matrix msg)
Shipment: Oct 1 2021 (matrix msg)
Received: Oct 7 2021

4 Likes

:smiley: out of the box it can already do less. Less leaking of data too :stuck_out_tongue:

now I also need to find out how to make it do some things I want. It feels like early days of linux: information scattered and a lot is possible once you find “the way”. I guess it is part of the fun journey

so I hope the exponential growth of users will help development. The graph is looking promising

2 Likes

1317,5 - now we need find that one customer, who got half of his ordered phone…

6 Likes

I just knew somebody would comment on that number :-).

2 Likes

I’m a bit late, but the more data the merrier. I did opt for Evergreen even though I was scheduled for Dogwood.

order date : September 17, 2017
address/modem confirmation mail : Nov 12, 2020
tracking number mail : November 18, 2020
arrival date : November 27, 2020

10 Likes

Received my phone today in the EU

order date: October 7, 2017
address/modem confirmation mail: September 27, 2021
tracking number mail : October 6, 2021
arrival date: October 12, 2021

11 Likes

Jos says:

New data point for L5:
Order date: 2017-10-09
Address mail: 2021-10-05
Ship date: 2021-10-12
Arrival date: 2021-10-14

(updated chart in post 1)

4 Likes

Received my LIbrem 5 in the US

Order Date: Oct 9, 2017
Tracking Email: Oct 11, 2021
Delivery: Oct 15, 2021 (would have been Oct 14, but FedEx botched the delivery).

5 Likes

Trend’(x) should not be allowed to be <0 unless there have been returns.

Just to show how bad the chip shortage is:
Earlier this year, I went in to a Ford dealership in a busy part of Phoenix Arizona (Bell Road for those who know the area). After I parked my car and got out, there wasn’t a hoard of hungry sales people on me (as there usually would be) before I could get inside. In fact, no one greeted me. I went inside: Me: “hello, is anyone here?”. Voice from behind a cubicle/office wall: “can I help you?” (he didn’t bother to even stand up). Me: “Yes, I want to buy a Ford Ranger today”. Voice: “I couldn’t sell you a Ford Ranger now even if you paid cash”. Me: walked out without ever even seeing anyone. The lot was nearly empty. I had never seen a dealership empty car lot on a busy highway before.

So I went a few doors down to a used vehicle lot. No f-ing way was I going to do business there when I saw their prices. They tried to sell me a two-year-old used Ranger for the price of an off-the-lot new one. And they wanted cash or 24% interest. They didn’t care how good my credit is.

I ended up waiting three months for a top of the line remanufactured engine to arrive from Jasper and had it put in to my old 2000 Ranger. It cost me $7,400.00 installed (including lots of other under-hood parts replaced in the process also). It runs like a fine piece of machinery now and maintains ice cold air conditioning. If your current vehicle isn’t likely to outlast this pandemic, now might be a good time to start planning ahead.

6 Likes

Followed a link on Reddit to this review/1st impression: https://elis.nu/blog/2021/10/first-impressions-of-purism-librem-5/

2 Likes

BS unfortunately. I upgraded my Dec 2018 L5 order to USA edition on 5 July 2021. Still “Awaiting Shipment” after 100 days with no firm shipping date :grimacing:.

4 Likes

I feel ya. Feb 2021 USA order here. I received my confirmation email Oct 29. Still no tracking number yet.

1 Like

I know it’s a old post, but just wanted to say I’d love a device that does not have all those stalkers which may be the best thing to happen to “young adult/teen”s from what I’ve seen the ‘apps’ do. Might slow up that ride down the slippery slope to becoming automatons themselves.

-s-

1 Like

So if I ordered a regular Librem 5 in early 2019 I will be waiting another year or so at least? Does that sound about right?

No; distribution of orders over time was far from being flat. If all goes well, in “a year or so” we may have all orders already processed (this is not a promise though :stuck_out_tongue: )

8 Likes

? in the future?

1 Like

Well, you know, I got so sick of waiting, I built a time machine, FYI, 2041 is lit! :joy:

-Email was Sept 29-

1 Like

From Reddit / For sale in the UK:
https://teddit.net/r/Purism/comments/qcnemj/for_sale_brand_new_librem_5_ukeu_just_arrived/

(Already noted in the table at top of the thread.)

2 Likes