Estimate your Librem 5 shipping

yes, that’s why I paid that extra dollar for the USA version.

US and China have separate stocks and moving things between them isn’t easy or cheap (although it does happen when that actually makes sense, but rather in US->China direction). Also, the amount of L5USAs being produced wouldn’t really move the regular L5 queue forward that much.

9 Likes

Right, so you could skip ahead of those who were in before you.

1 Like

If you have one queue in the supermarket and another checkout will be open, you are free to leave your queue (for additional Extra Money, and a different Product) to switch.

Its more like cancel your order and buy some replacement. I am like 3000 oders in the queue behind you two and from my view its good. The first queue will get shorter and faster after movement.

Switch too if you like or try to buy one on ebay. Germanys ebay offer 4 Phones between 600 to 800 Euro, right now.

6 Likes

What don’t you understand about that?

8 posts were split to a new topic: Phone arrived advice

Excited to see some new posts in this thread, then disappointed, that they were all off-topic. :frowning:

12 Likes

Librem 5

Order Date: January 10, 2019
Order Status: Awaiting Shipment

1 Like

Librem 5

Order Date: March 2018
Order Status: Awaiting Shipment

Enough! Awaiting shipment helps nobody.

9 Likes
  1. The person quoted above received their pre-ordered phone 6 weeks ago (30 weekdays).

2. There were about 40 pre-orders in February of 2018 and about 40 pre-orders in March of 2018.

Hasn’t Purism been able to ship about 500 phones in a month, when they had a large supply?

Why is it taking multiple months to ship out less than 50 phones if they have hundreds of them?

Is the shipment of that batch of 1160 phones from January being delayed?

My best guess (estimate) is that they have either finished or nearly finished going through that stock, they probably held some quantity to handle defective devices etc and may ship some quantity of those over the coming weeks, but we’re likely back in a state of hurry up and wait for more product to be manufactured.

This does, to me, imply that the next batch will likely get through a large time period of the remaining backlog. Though we don’t have estimated order quantities for most of the remaining months between March October 2018 and today as Purism has obfuscated (by having randomized order numbers) and withheld that information.

As such most of us remaining are not going to have much of a way to reasonably estimate shipping, though we can continue to track it.

2 Likes

What are you basing this statement on?

1 Like

They have already shipped at least one pre-order from February of 2018, and there were about 40 orders in all of that month.

Source:

Based on this information and my own order date, they have shipped less than 50 phones in the last 6 weeks. And that is a generous statement, considering the person mentioned in my previous comment received their pre-order 6 weeks ago. The pre-order was shipped some time before that.

When Purism posted on Twitter about receiving 1160 phones in January of this year, they had already shipped about 2800 phones. Even if half of the phones are defective, the remaining half should cover all pre-orders through April of 2018.

So I’m just wondering… What is going on? Is the majority of units defective or something?

There appears to be another one of those multi-month delays in shipping for no given reason. If there are problems with a sizeable number of phones, I’d rather they say something, even to directly message those of us that were supposed to get our pre-orders in quarter one of 2022. I check my Purism account and my email often and have not seen anything yet, not even the address confirmation and modem selection.

5 Likes

Now I see. I missed the part about your own order date as a point of reference in your calculation.

2 Likes
5 Likes

@spaetz, do you have a link to the updated shipping chart? I lost track :woozy_face:

That’s 5 f…ing years to get a phone

Four years and 7 months, actually. :wink:

TSR26 said he chose to wait an extra 6 months for the FCC/EC certification.

(And of course, it wasn’t just waiting for delivery. It had to be designed and produced first.)

2 Likes

Check post #1 :slight_smile:

2 Likes