Estimate your Librem 5 shipping

Responding to complaints is not why I’m here, it’s to keep threads civil and on-topic. I’ll keep your reply hidden, you’re free to post it separately.

1 Like

Crap! I thought you were here to supply the free coffee and donuts! :grin::wink:

1 Like

There is no more L5 received lately?
Weren’t there supposed to be the necessary parts until the first quarter of 2022?

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Off-topic from shipping

It could be that, or it could be that none of the receivers posts here. Shrug we’ll have to see.

1 Like

I’m a bit worried about this as well. I think today my current Android phone practically died completely. The battery had been getting weaker and weaker day by day. Now it was in a reboot loop even while connected to a usb power supply.

By using two adapters I managed to insert my nano sim into an old Nokia phone, one that shows 2005 as the default date! So I only have a mobile phone now, no more mobile Internet access (except if I take my PineBook with me, and if there happens to be free wifi, which is rare in Germany).

My Librem 5 “order date” (campaign contribution) is October 19, 2017. Address confirmation e-mail October 25, 2021, answered by me after two days. I will report it here, if/ when the Librem 5 should arrive!

2 Likes

Personally I think we’re past concerns on “if” the phone will arrive and really it is down to when. I’m estimating 2022 for my January 2019 order, unfortunately I’m concerned about VoLTE support or, more precisely, the lack thereof.

2 Likes

Well, can have a look at kop316’s post here :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I think VoLTE in the BM818 will get sorted eventually. Also, keep in mind that the modem is easily swappable, so maybe there will be a better, alternate modem someday.

That is the hope :slight_smile:

Order Date: October 21, 2017
Order Status: Awaiting Shipment
E-Mail address confirmation: still waiting !!

Received: still waiting (boo!!)

5 Likes

Ordered in August 2019, yeah, still waiting too.

1 Like

When you make your report I will be seeing “light in the end of the tunnel” as I ordered L5 Aug’18. I’m hoping for a rested Purism staff returning to work after the holidays with an abundance of parts coming down the supply chain, and hearing of the continuing software improvements which makes the wait for Linux in my pocket worth the wait:)

3 Likes

booooo indeed :slight_smile:

Still waiting now?

I’m starting to worry that shipping stopped, nobody reported an L5 arriving for more than a month now. If there is anyone out there who got yours recently, if you could share your order date and shipping date that would be much appreciated.

1 Like

I guess they have used up their CPU stock and are waiting for the next CPU shipment to assemble the models scheduled by the end of March.
I’m more worried about the next batch of CPUs, still no forecast in the customer space after Q1 2022…

2 Likes

I see that @Pirate_Praveen received an L5 recently, but I don’t think he said whether it was direct from Purism or from a third party/second-hand sale:

1 Like

Where did you get that info from?
My L5 is scheduled in Q1 of 2022 and not after Q1 2022.
Did I miss something?

I don’t have any more info than you do, I must have misspoken

We know from the answers here that the CPU based shipment forecasts don’t go beyond Q1 2022 (like yours). There may be later but these people have not said anything on the forum.

So I deduced that Purism has finished its CPU stock but is waiting for a secure delivery before the end of March 2022.

Maybe I’m totally wrong but it seems reasonable to me.

1 Like

It was from Purism directly, I ordered during crowd funding. But it was with a friend for 6+ months before I collected it.

1 Like

Would you mind sharing your order date and shipping date here, so that it can be added to the table at top? Thanks, and enjoy!

1 Like