Estimate your Librem 5 shipping

Order date: September 20, 2017
Shipment scheduled: April 17, 2021 (there was some delay from initial estimate since my modem choice was not in stock).

5 Likes

Ordered some time in October 2018, I think. To be honest I donā€™t even know where my order information is. Probably lost on a phone that no longer works from trying to wait to long for the Librem 5. Still waiting.

Update: 07 JAN 2022
Ordered: October 09, 2018
Est. Ship Date: Q1 2022

1 Like

Just log in to your Purism account and you should see your original order.

2 Likes

Found it. Thanks.

1 Like

When you get to know Purism too well, unfortunatelyā€¦

I wrote that on Nov 25, 2021.

And of course, they donā€™t acknowledge it and they donā€™t care about Librem 5 customers. Those have already been a low priority after L14 and L5 SUA.

1 Like

Believe me, Librem 5 USA is also getting shafted.

Itā€™s pretty obvious from their last news post, that they arenā€™t going to ship new Librem 5 in 2022.
https://puri.sm/posts/throwback-to-2021-more-from-librem-5-in-2022/

2 Likes

Why, what do you mean?

1 Like

They talk about Librem 5 in 2022. They talk only about software development in 2022 but not about hardware deliveries. That is in the first post dedicated to 2022 year. Many of us has Q1 2022 as shipping estimate, we are already well in Q1 but they havenā€™t shipped anything in the last 2 months and they donā€™t talk about it in ā€œLibrem 5 in 2022ā€. No new estimates have happened on Librem 5 old orders that didnā€™t have one (like those from 2019). For the last 3 months, their shop page for L5 still shows a 52 weeks lead times for new order, which demonstrates it was just a lie.

They donā€™t care anymore about L5.

2 Likes

If I may, just perhaps, this might mean (from my very distant perspective), yet and for certain means nothing for real, that @eugenr is the next one in long waiting line to get his Librem 5 delivered and relatively sad with this latest Purism article, retrospecting and introducing things to happen in 2022, not extending or mentioning anything about when Librem 5 is about to be ā€¦

What might be very obvious to someone is unrelated to some other person:

@eugenr, thanks for this important update, as you linked us to it! Linked to what counts at this point of time (software related). And, IMHO, meaning of obvious here is way more related to something of a personal character (current state of mind), and certainly not something to be taken wrongly.

It seems like at least 600+ Librem 5 have arrived at Purism, so they can fulfill probably all remaining 2017 orders and quite a few 2018 orders.

13 Likes

Where you got the number of 600+?

I meditated over the photo :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Photo looks like twice of what you said. :yum:

10x 3x4x5+5 x2 = 1300 ā€¦ or maybe
10x 3x5x5+5 x2 = 1600 ā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

In the replies in twitter there is someone with the order date October 22 2017. Mine ones delivered last year October 1st, were from October 7 and 9 2017. I.e. the shipment stopped some where in the queue before October 22 2017.

1 Like

My order from Sept. 4, 2018 has been delayed from Q1 to Q2 2022:

ā€œWe have not yet reached your place in the shipping queue. We expect to reach it in Q2 of this year.ā€

I got that two days ago, from Support, while fighting for my refund.
My order info still says Q1 2022.

Amazing! Keep up the good work Purism!

1 Like

Hopefully after the weekend is over Purism will post details/updates. Still, good news for those who are still waiting. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m wondering why they posted this photo of all these boxes in twitter and not here in this forum or even as a postā€¦

3 Likes

Or even here: https://social.librem.one/tags/Librem5

More eyeballs on Twitter, I guess. Unfortunately.

3 Likes