Estimate your Librem 5 shipping

5 Likes

@spaetz, do you have a link to the updated shipping chart? I lost track :woozy_face:

That’s 5 f…ing years to get a phone

Four years and 7 months, actually. :wink:

TSR26 said he chose to wait an extra 6 months for the FCC/EC certification.

(And of course, it wasn’t just waiting for delivery. It had to be designed and produced first.)

2 Likes

Check post #1 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, found it. Completely forgotten after 2.5 year :smile:

7 posts were split to a new topic: Estimating infinities

Let’s not give up hope just yet. This is what I get when trying to summarize which phones were shipped during the past months:

Month 2021-07: no phones shipped
Month 2021-08: no phones shipped
Month 2021-09: phones with “queue number” ~1600 to “queue number” ~1900 shipped
Month 2021-10: phones with “queue number” ~1700 to with “queue number” ~2200 shipped
Month 2021-11: phones with “queue number” ~2400 to “queue number” ~2600 shipped
Month 2021-12: no phones shipped
Month 2022-01: phones with “queue number” ~2600 shipped
Month 2022-02: phones with “queue number” ~2800 shipped
Month 2022-03: phones with “queue number” ~2600 to “queue number” ~3100 shipped
Month 2022-04: no phones shipped
Month 2022-05: let’s see what happens now

EDIT: please note that e.g. “phones number ~1600 to ~1900 shipped” does not mean 1600 to 1900 phones shipped in that month, it means that the phones shipped during that month had “queue numbers” ranging from about 1600 to about 1900, so 300-400 phones shipped during that month.

Note that there is really no such thing as a “queue number”, it’s just what we get if we pretend there is a queue, based on the “Phones” column in the table in the top post in this thread.

There was a pretty long break around December (and most of January) with no phones shipped, then shipping started again. Hopefully now we are just in the middle of such a break again, for whatever reason.

5 Likes

Really? Over 12000 shipped since September? Outstanding!

1 Like

No no, wait, when I wrote “phones number ~1600 to ~1900” shopped, what I meant is phones with “queue number” 1600 to 1900 so 300 or 400 phones.

Since September, phones with “queue numbers” from about 1600 to about 3100 have shipped, so about 1500 phones shipped since September, it looks like. Sorry for this confusion, I edited to try to make it more clear.

3 Likes

Ugh! A whole order of magnitude lower… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Hey, let me know if I should make a new thread to ask this, but in my defense, I do have information relevant to the thread, so I thought it counts! Let me lead with this information:

Order Date: May 17, 2018
Shipping Email: May 12, 2022

Now here’s my question… the email states, and I quote:

Summary: With apologies for the delay, we are now preparing your Librem
5 to ship and need you to read this email carefully with replying until
May 22th, 2022.

Did they mean to say “without replying until May 22nd?” Can anyone inside or outside the company confirm this typo? I kinda jumped when I saw the email, wishing that I’d seen it sooner – but if they’re saying I shouldn’t reply yet, then I guess I didn’t miss any time after all.

Either way, I’m still in shock. This is a darn good early birthday surprise. :smile:

3 Likes

I do not understand where you see a typo. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
This is the exact same email wich I received when they where preparing my order.

Summary: With apologies for the delay, we are now preparing your Librem
5 to ship and need you to read this email carefully with replying until
March 14th, 2022.

Please help updating our records by letting us know if:

*[ ] - The shipping address in this email is current,
and no change is required

**[ ] - The shipping address in this email is NOT current
and I have now updated it

***[ ] - order for accessories is placed

So you need to confirm if all their data is still valid and if you want accessories (like a spare battery).

2 Likes

Oh… ok, my apologies. I think I psyched myself out. It would make more sense that they do want me to reply sooner rather than later. Thanks

Librem 5

Order Date: March 2018
Shipping Email: May 12, 2022

7 Likes

So the waiting is nearly over :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I do not understand where you see a typo. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It’s not a typo. It has bad grammar (“with”) and is definitely not clear (“until”). To clarify, Purism should replace

"... carefully with replying until ..."

by

"... carefully.  Please reply before ... ".

Both “with” and “until” are horrible choices.

6 Likes

They should have written:

need you to read this email carefully and reply before …

4 Likes

OMG less than a year away for me…lol…but based on the scarcity of orders after the initial surge I should expect my phone soonish? Jan. 2019 is when I ordered.

That’s what I’m hoping too, I’m a few months behind you. Maybe second half of this year?