Destination: USA

6 Likes

Thank you!

Order date: 2021-03-14
Verification email: 2023-06-05
Shipped: 2023-08-24
Received: 2023-08-29
Destination: Italy

Iā€™ll write my first impressions in a couple of weeks.

12 Likes

Usually Purism sends an email with a tracking number for your package on it. You can also check your order history within the Purism web shop manually.

https://shop.puri.sm/my-account/

5 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™ve updated my original post with the shipping date.

4 Likes
3 Likes

I said it a long time ago. I wish the posts that refer back to puri.sm/posts/ didnā€™t have that standard inspecting-its-own-navel marketing blurb at the top. Iā€™d like to read like the first paragraph here.

1 Like

(Seems fair. Probably better in the Site Feedback category though.)

This is seemingly a function of two things

1. Discourse forum software functionality and configuration.
  2. What metadata is set on any given blog post.

I am not familiar with what configuration options Discourse offers but here it appears to be grabbing the text in the default preview from the <head> section, from the <meta> tag with name ā€œdescriptionā€.

When including a link you can of course choose to suppress the default preview of the link completely or to include just the HTML standard of some user-specified text for the link. If you donā€™t do either then you get the default preview and the default preview appears to be as per the previous paragraph.

So lots of places where it could be changed - which probably ensures that it will not be changed at all. :wink:

1 Like
1 Like

Having just gotten mine this afternoon, I am feeling a bit like ā€œWas it me holding up the process?ā€ No my ego is not that big. But it is sort of interesting to think I was one of the last few out the door.

Order Date: 28/11/2020
Verification Email: 23/05/2023
Lost in junk mail Found on: 02/08/2023
Shipped: 05/09/2023
Received: 07/09/2023
Destination: UK

Initial impression it is a brick, but it is fast and smooth, everything has worked so far.
Small gripe - ##### - is far to easy to think the - are included.
Only unfilled wish, is an alarm that really works, like from a cold off or at lest as effective at waking up the phone as a call or text is.

9 Likes

What is omitted?

Alarms work just fine for me, although I only use them for important appointments; they are within the Clocks app.

Alright! so waiting times are at an all time low, and many people seem to now, finally be getting their phones.
I ordered mine in july 2019, and just got it yesterday. From this point on, iā€™m hoping thereā€™s enough people that got it, that weā€™ll see a bunch of apps show up for it.

7 Likes

Not from suspend though, which I believe is the point being made. This is an acknowledged limitation, a fix for which is outstanding, and Purism is even giving the official (partial) workaround: PureOS on Liberty Phone and Librem 5 ā€“ Purism

No. The latest missives make clear that failure to respond is not holding up the process. I understand that your question was not entirely serious.

4 Likes

I think heā€™s speaking about waking up from suspend.

@purism285 :
Donā€™t suspend for the time your alarm is active. You can plug in your power cable to have no energy problems. That suspend issue will be fixed some time in future.

3 Likes

Yes to be fair it is the suspend issue.
I use my phone as an alarm clock (well I did back before the Jolla died) so I need to have confidence that I will get the alarm if it is at all possible. There for there is (almost) never a time that I do not have an alarm pending.

Yes plugging in is good, but the longer battery life of suspend will make a difference.

1 Like

It has been a pleasure to see this thread finally inactive; the era of waiting is over.

Also, good luck for those looking to sell their Librem 5 now.

3 Likes

Is it? We still havenā€™t seen any evidence of anyone receiving their Librem 5 with an order date in 2022 or 2023, so there is potentially still almost two years of backlog to work throughā€¦

1 Like

To all Librem 5 owners, I recommend that you check out my Firefox customization guide:

Please also check the comments on the customization guide for updates and extras.

Recommended updates:

1 Like

I received my Librem 5 USA during the middle of August 2022, but I did not contribute to this thread about it or elsewhere for security reasons: I only justified using Discourse very recently at the end of June 2023 because I finally have a clear idea of what I want my public identity to represent.

Surely, many people have received their phones and have never posted here about it. Nevertheless, more than 1.5 years is a long time in terms of a product pre-order. I have seen at least one too many completely false shipping time estimations by Purism to accept that shipping parity is reached for the Librem 5 :wink:

2 Likes