How to report a bug in PureOS?

Hello dear community :slightly_smiling_face:

My question is very simple: where can users report a bug that they encountered on PureOS?

I spent 30 mins searching before reluctantly creating this thread. :frowning_face:

1. Going to PureOSā€™ official website and clicking on Bug Tracker.
  2. Realising after some time that itā€™s possible to consult bug reports but not participate / create a bug report.
  3. Searching on PureOSā€™ wiki and not finding any mention of bug reports either.
  4. Coming on this forum to explain my frustration on something that is generally well indicated :frowning_face:

Suggestions

If users cannot create new accounts to report bugs, I respect that but it should be clearly stated either on the PureOS website or on the Bug Tracker website instead of leaving the users confused.

3 Likes

I agree this is unclear. Perhaps @guido.gunther or @joao.azevedo could help with this.

1 Like

@prsunflower The reason why registrations for the bug tracker is closed is due several issues we had with spam accounts.

Please DM me your email address.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply Joao :slight_smile:

Would you consider implementing my ā€œSuggestionsā€ above?

I have contacted you. Many thanks :v:

I think it is more complicated than that. It is ā€œclosed but not closedā€. The antecedent ā€œIf users cannot create new accounts to report bugsā€ is not necessarily true. Itā€™s just that it is now harder to get an account than it used to be - and if the reason that it is now harder is because of malicious parties, you donā€™t necessarily want to make it either easy or obvious to those malicious parties.

So in this case the score may be: malicious parties 1, all the rest of us 0. :frowning:

1 Like

How do we create an account in https://tracker.pureos.net/ ? I am not using LDAP protocol and just want to report a bug I found in the hardware

I think you want the ā€œStandardā€ login option, not the LDAP login option, but you should contact support (support@puri.sm) because, as I understand it, requests for accounts have to be approved manually anyway.

Also, if this is a bug in the hardware, that particular mechanism for reporting may not be the right one.

What hardware (i.e. what model) are we talking about?

i want to file a bug for Librem5/PureOS, in particular for Bluetooth stuttering.
pls see: Bluetooth stuttering

How DM works to get a https://tracker.pureos.net/ account?