L5 arrived - Issues / questions

In the past hour or so, off the charger at 93%, now 82%. More in line with the 10% per hour I guess.

I did another battery test today. Draining from 95% charge to 18% charge took 7 hours 45 minutes, so realistically about 8+ hours of “on” time.

This was with mobile disabled in the settings, wifi on, and the phone dormant on the table, with just an occasional peek at the battery level.

2 Likes

With SD card inside?

µSD card, yes.

1 Like

… and smartcard? :slight_smile:

1 Like

No. I don’t have one of those.

1 Like

If your Wireless Access Point gives you the choice of the 2.4 GHz band and the 5 GHz band and if the 2.4 GHz band is viable for you then you should be able to make a minor improvement in time between charges by selecting the 2.4 GHz band.

However realistically, until Purism implements some kind of sleep mode on the SoC, 10% per hour is about what you are going to get.

1 Like

Purism recently added power manager to SD card slot, so if you do not have a SD card inside the SD card controller it power off so save battery. Linux 5.15 it close to Librem 5 it come with more power save.
Very nice work of Purism.

2 Likes

Actually, I was on 2.4GHz. (Although I realize you were responding to someone else. Or perhaps to both of us.)

2 Likes

Today I did a similar test, this time on the mobile network, with wifi off. Over 7 hours, the battery drained from 93% to 20%, so again, about 10% per hour (10.4% in this case).

The phone was sitting in two different places indoors throughout the day, with a strong signal in one room, and a weaker signal in the other. I was checking the battery level about once per hour, slightly more frequently than during my wifi test, and also opening the settings screen and browser a couple of times to confirm the data connection. I typically keep the brightness level at about 75% to save power when the screen is on.

Network: A T-mobile MVNO set to 4G; unknown distance from towers, unknown strength/quality of network connection.

µSD inserted, no smart card.

Bluetooth off, as in yesterday’s test.

2 Likes