L5: Kernel: Purism: Martin Kepplinger Status

I’m just worried if Martin Kepplinger still remains as Librem 5 kernel programmer, it’s been 3 weeks without activity… :anguished:
Martin Kepplinger a critical piece to Librem 5.

Purism any info??

Don’t worry, there are many possible reasons for someone’s temporary lack of activity :wink:

7 Likes

Thank you. dos

Aka: summer break / vacation. Based on their overview chart, August last year saw some inactivity as well.

2 Likes

I hope he will come back stronger : suspend is a critical important feature. My L5 is not my daily phone due to this missing feature.

But before that, to use a language specific to smartphones, sometimes we need to “disconnect” ^^

1 Like

One month no activities from Martin.
I really nervous

Really, don’t worry. I’m not going to post any details as that’s only Martin’s business, but I can assure you that there’s nothing to be nervous about :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you dos.

Martin Kepplinger is back! :partying_face: :rocket:

3 Likes

apt update
sudo apt upgrade linux-image-librem5

It is named 6.0.pureos1!

2 Likes

Imagine, the L5 on PureOS/Debian having a newer kernel than my Arch desktop :).

1 Like

Purism.

2 Likes

A stupid question.
What is the difference between sudo apt upgrade linux-image-librem5 and sudo apt upgrade?

Will the first only upgrade linux-image-librem5?
Will the second include the first as well?
Or does something else happens when you specify something after the apt upgrade?
I have only used apt upgrade in the past without adding anything after it. I wonder if I have thus upgraded the kernels as well without being aware of this.

1 Like

you are the second person this week I read saying that.

2 Likes

yes, it will

3 Likes

Yes, for sure. There is no difference, it was just exception in order to celebrate this particular sudo apt upgrade, as of this morning.

Just secondly, I’ve used: apt list --upgradable, as usually, and confirming it was the only change today (with one additional/related package picked up, not sure anymore which one).

1 Like