Just wanted to share my experience trying to cancel my Librem 14 order.
- September 1st, 2020 - I ordered a Librem 14. I was super excited about the device and looking to replace my current laptop from 2012.
- January 20, 2021 - I contacted customer support trying to cancel my order. I was told I would have to wait until I get my shipping conformation email and then I could cancel.
- April 29, 2021 - I emailed again asking to cancel and refund my order since units were ‘shipping’. Was told the same thing again. I asked when I came up in the queue and requested my refund would I be receiving it then, since I heard people in the same position were not getting a refund. I was told it would be processed at that time and I would get my refund then.
- June 1, 2021 - I received my shipping email and requested my order be canceled. The response was
Please keep in mind that it might take up to 15 days for the process to be completed and the money deposited back into your account.
- June 16, 2021 - No refund as of yet. I emailed to ask where is my refund and was told I would have to wait until mid July for a refund. I responded with Purism is not following their own policy about refunds and they sent back
Finance department needs some time to process the refund. I will ask them to try to speed up procedure for your case. We’re sorry for the wait.
I responded back with “This really feels like my money is gone and I was duped”.
You’re not “duped”, I assure you. We will refund you, please allow just a week or two more.
I do not understand why Purism can not actually refund my money for this canceled order.
Has anyone actually received their refund after requesting it?
Anyone want to share their experience?