Librem 14 "Road warrior" deliveries when?

wait
I’m slowly dying

4 Likes

3 days left in March. No email. No updates.
Has anyone gotten a notification their Librem 14 is shipping?

1 Like

Check this thread: https://forums.puri.sm/t/new-post-librem-14-update-freed-ec-shipping-beginning-in-march/12331

1 Like

Yes, lots.

Hey :slightly_smiling_face: Has anyone received a response to their shipping information feedback yet?

On 26 March I received shipping information email, then I corrected my address and they confirmed correction on 6 April.
Not yet a tracking information email.

I don’t believe anyone with orders placed after July has received a shipping address confirmation email?

I ordered Aug 7 and have not received an email verifying address information, thus I believe your question to be an accurate assessment.

2 Likes

I ordered mine Aug 3rd and got an email.

Good to know. I ordered Aug 15, nothing yet for me.

I ordered it at the beginning of October, and according to the email I received, the shipments for this date should be scheduled for late April early May.

1 Like

This may just be a canned response. I got similar information despite pre-ordering in July.

it was the support manager after having writing them (this is what I had written)

I thought @Kyle_Rankin stated there would be another email update last week concerning the shipper issue? I haven’t received anything.

suspense

oh wait…

2 Likes

There is an expression “once bitten, twice shy.” Well after having been bitten 5 or 6 times, I’m approaching communications about shipping with a bit of skepticism. We got shipping arranged last week and then today got a notification that they got bumped a few days to a different flight. International shipping is pretty crazy (and frustrating) right now.

At this point instead of notifying people when I get shipping confirmation that could change (as just happened) I’m going to wait until we have the actual laptops in our fulfillment center. That way if there is some unexpected customs delay, some flight delay, or anything else crops up I won’t have to post yet another correction.

7 Likes

Thanks for the update @Kyle_Rankin.

1 Like

Understandable, as we are about as patient as 8 year olds Christmas Eve LOL with the additional ability of criticizing Santa and his reindeer on his forum as to why he can’t be at their house at one minute past midnight!

So may I ask, once you actually receive the pallet of laptops, how soon they will actually ship back out the door? Within a week the first batch should go out I imagine? I get the impression there isn’t much more to assemble once you receive them, RAM, HD’s, etc?

Also, might as well go ahead and get shipping address confirmations from the next batch or three of customers while you wait? I can’t imagine too many folks that can’t confirm, and the few that can’t, be handled accordingly?

It typically doesn’t take too long but I’m reluctant to make an estimate right now (beyond the above reasons) because this is a brand new design, first generation. It might take a bit longer than usual to flash and test (especially with this new EC firmware we want to do extra testing), and as it’s the first batch there’s extra testing I imagine that will be done. And I’m not clued into how long that might take. But barring any major issues that come up in final testing I don’t suspect it would take too long after they arrive before they start shipping.

6 Likes

Ok, then I will content myself with thinking shipping will begin in first week of May, and I should have mine by the end of May, with zero reasons or evidence to support such a prediction, but it makes me feel good. :wink:

1 Like