Having a new L5 I immediately tried to hook it up a screen via my HP USB-C Dock G5 and … nothing.
- When connected to the USB-C dock, the L5 starts charging and led turns red
- lsusb output is equal with or without USB-C connection, not showing the dock
- In settings / display the extra screen does not show up
- Top info icon “undocked” shows no change: still greyed out
- did anyone else try a HP USB-C Dock G5?
- for the other docks: did everything magically work automatically when connecting, or is some kind of scripting or driver installation required?
The wiki is pretty great, but it would help me to see a bit more in detail what people did to make it work and understand current limitations / requirements to docks. Many thanks,
edit 20211014: aditional info
HP USB-C Dock G5 is connected to
- logitech wired keyboard
- logitech mouse wireless USB-dongle
- displayport cable to Monitor Dell U2713HM
- ethernet cable
all proven to work with windows laptop
Specs HP USB-C Dock G5
Hostinterface USB 3.2 (Gen1, 5Gb/s) type-c
Connections 3.5mm (4-pin), DC connector, 2x DisplayPort, HDMI 2.0, RJ45,
4x USB 3.2 (Gen1, 5Gb/s), 2x USB 3.2 (Gen1, 5Gb/s) type-c
Ethernet (RJ45) Ethernet 1Gbps, Ethernet 100Mbps
Video out 2x DisplayPort, HDMI (max version HDMI 2.0)