Librem 5 media (photos and videos)

Yes, the “4GB RAM” must be a typo. It still says 3 GB here https://puri.sm/products/librem-5/

7 Likes

Haptic motor working in chat :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Loving the constant improvements im seeing.

3 Likes
8 Likes

But why not red ? Or green ? I have 40-50 black chargers and it takes a lot of time to find the right one :-). Of course I have marked them with white text and coloured tapes and other ways. But it is not pretty …

1 Like

A new video on Purism YouTube channel!

23 Likes

This is one of my favorites because of the amount of stuff it shows :smiley:

5 Likes

Indeed! Really seems like the L5 is coming together!

1 Like

How nice to see good videos before bedtime :blush:

2 Likes

This is great. I recently installed UBPorts on an old OnePlus One and while everything mostly works, it’s simply not usable. I setup a Librem 5 emulator and everything that I need just works. The only question for me now is about power management. When I finally get my phone, will the battery last all day with light to moderate usage?

3 Likes

Nobody knows. Maybe yes. :smile:

1 Like

… taking notes… What about taking pictures?.. Ahhh… it is not that important maybe? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

New HackersGame video, “Robot and Librem 5 Hacking”, April 19:

3 Likes

Another video, from yesterday:

3 Likes

And another one!

3 Likes

This video came up a couple of days ago:

as part of this new Librem 5 review article:

The video is quite mean for some reason (and misleading about PinePhone which apparently he doesn’t know much about), the article text is more balanced. Anyway, a good thing is that this reviewer had no problems making calls, it says that “the Librem 5 handles calls and contacts reasonably well.”

About battery life, this review says the phone lasts for “just a few hours use” which is not very specific but still sounds like a sisgnificant improvement when comparing to earlier versions of the phone which according to some reports barely lasted for one hour.

11 Likes

Maybe his expectations were not managed properly by Puri.sm.

1 Like

I also wonder which version has been tested and if it us up to date (software)…
He mentions that charging the phone while using it does not work and if I recall correctly that has been fixed already.

4 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. Sounds like it was a Chesnut but maybe Birch.
Either way, reviewing something that is still not a final product isn’t really a review as much as a preview.

4 Likes

Why is it mean?
He fairly explained the project and the importance of the idea, tried to find stuff that worked, failed and then showed some of the stuff that didn’t work. In the end he came to a really good and fair conclusion which most of us already had before the first phone was even build: that this is nowhere near to be a product for mass consumerism and requires a ton of work before anybody except for fanatic enthusiasts can enjoy it. How is that mean? He couldn’t have been more postive on it.

6 Likes