Librem 5 media (photos and videos)

I am using the Digitus DA-70882 which seems to be the same as the Baseus B07T1M2KKV:

The L5 does not fit perfectly however, the L5 is a bit too thick. It seems that the Baseus B07T1M2KKV comes with a few spacers:

4 Likes
6 Likes

Swipe gestures support in phosh coming along:

11 Likes

July 12, 2022 interview with Guido Gunther

6 Likes

Also here: FSFE article: Librem 5

3 Likes

Post can’t be empty

3 Likes

Post can’t be empty

2 Likes
4 Likes

Comparison of a Librem 5 with a Fairphone 4 (green) and an Iphone 6 (white).
The Librem 5 is the thickest and heaviest one, but is slightly shorter that the FP4. Really feels like holding a computer in your hands :wink:

6 Likes

It really is a computer :smiley:

4 Likes

What I meant is that it weights almost as a laptop :D. But it is true that it’s a fully-fledged computer: the thing I like the most is the terminal, which is also the app that offers the best experience and works most reliably among the ones I’ve tried so far.

For me, the Librem 5 together with a laptop dock can replace my regular laptop for most of my needs. That is truly awesome!

4 Likes
11 Likes

From here: https://adamd.sdf.org/computers/mini/2023/01/02/L5CameraControlsUpdate.html.

7 Likes

“I wanted to look back at what changed in phosh in 2022 and figured I could share it with you.” -Guido Gunther
https://honk.sigxcpu.org/con/Phosh_2022_in_retrospect.html

4 Likes

Purism to Participate in CES 2023:

4 Likes

How it comes that Purism works together with an IoT/Big Data company to participate in CES 2023? Sounds like most possible opposite goals you could have matched together. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

To me it looks more likely that they are able to make tablet for Purism (just another speculation of mine). Anyway, as at least one of their devices run out-of-the-box on Linux Debian, I like this get together.

1 Like

Sounds like a fair question. One could certainly speculate, as @Quarnero does, that they are working on or have worked on something with Purism.

IoT is not in and of itself bad at all. An IoT device that runs privacy-respecting software is fine.

Even Big Data can be non-evil in some very limited circumstances.

2 Likes

Even IoT that is privacy-respecting is a security issue if it is not needed to be designt as IoT. But it is even more interesting, that Purism got advertised as “with security and privacy in mind”, while there is no word about Teksun this way.

However, I don’t want to blame anyone for that. It will have some reason we don’t know and that’s fine. I was just curious about it.

1 Like