This thread here should only have media. Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll check it out there, thank you

1 Like
4 Likes
3 Likes

Reflashing the Librem 5

2 Likes

Don’t pay attention. There are some people (and unfortunately this is the majority in my country too) that they are so much sold to the big tech… god it is a kind of corruption. You tell them lets talk on Jitsi, is it free. They refuse and insist on zoom even if they need to pay. Why? Just because. There is no explanation that is why it is a kind of corruption.

This guy, a Greek (like me) or from Cuprus, I bet he has never touched a Linux machine seriously. He probably expected Android-version2. I would even more strongly bet he is completely sold to Apple.

It is a different thing to say «I do not like it» and another thing to say «utterly unusable as a phone». If it makes calls it is a phone.

3 Likes

It is good though he supported purism’s good cause with his buck, even though the result didn’t meet his expectations.

1 Like

Is it good? He will go around and say “this is utterly unusable”, long-live Apple/Google. I am not sure it is good.

By the way, a couple of days ago a relative asked me to configure her newly bought Samsung. What a nightmare! This is what I would like to “throw” to that guys face. What a nightmare! Every step and you have to make almost forced choices to give access to Samsung and Google. And it does not end. More than an hour to accept and accept and accept. You move the screen to the right and the news/web/stock/weather/whatever irritating Samsung app pops up.

This is completely trash from my point of view. “Utterly unusable” as an electronic device.

Electronic devices should serve us. These phones see the world upside-down. Their mentality is that we must serve them.

I have to switch to my standard motto about desktop-help for the phones as well.
“I do not know Windows”.

10 Likes

What I mean is - he may do some damage (potentially, not sure whom we’re even speaking about, I’m not familiar with any of influencers) in the long run but as of now he helped to make l5 happen (with his buck).

1 Like

I would have appreciated his post more if he even gave a reason other than some toxic gamer speak. He essentially said: It trash. Kthxbai.

At least tell us why it doesn’t meet your expectations. After all, you did make mention of waiting 3 years for it.

I have a pinephone too, but Librem 5 is feeling(it is) much better on everything than the cloned pinephone, pp has poor quality. Pine64 just is cloning everything.
Librem 5 is pretty close to working wonderful.
just some example of cloning:
Pinephone --> Librem5
Pinecil -------> Ts100
Pinebook —> Chromebook
Pinerock64-> Raspberry Pi

1 Like

Pine is an excellent product for cheap and dirty intro into mobile linux world. Because it is also mainline (no HAL/HPA/Hybris) and has wifi/cellular, small screen, sensors, etc. Yes, it’s cheap, looks cheap, made cheap, but fits its purpose (and no, not as a replacement for l5, but as disposable devkit).

5 Likes

The pinephone is simply not usable. I’ve tried every distribution on it and all of them have multiple issues that prevent it from actually working as intended (and my requirements are really low). Hopefully, the L5 doesn’t have the same shortcomings.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Plasma Mobile on L5 Birch

13 Likes