Microphone does not work + screen flickering

Hi,
My microphone is dead does not matter where the killswtch is and my display flickers (also testet on other distros. When you want me to test in on a spcific distro tell)

Since this will probably end as warrenty: I would like to have a replacement for the time. Is it possible to negotiate a deal here?

Hi,
I have the same issue with my librem 13 v2.
I use Qubes OS and thought it was due to some configurations mistakes. But when I switch to PureOS, it goes on to flicker and no mic is detected.
Moreover no mic is detected when I plug a jack microphone.

$ cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [PCH]: HDA-Intel - HDA-Intel PCH
              HDA Intel PCH at 0xd152c000 irq 306

$ arecord -l
**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC269VC Analog [ALC269VC Analog] 
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

But I can’t record any sound from this device.
Please, do you have any idea how to fix this ?

Thanks.

After waiting several weeks and asking multiple times for a address where to send the laptop to (without answer). I decided to send it to:

Purism
1461 San Mateo Avenue
South San Francisco, CA 94080
USA

I hope its the right adress. Please fix it and return it fast

Did you contact support beforehand?

I contacted the support a couple of month ago. You responded so i kept talking to you.

Edit:

Of course i added a note with the order number (#WCM_10097) and a list of issues the laptop has. I am stll trying to solve the issue as good as possible. I just could not afford to wait anymore.

Since you already sent us your device, we will send you a replacement.

Is there any news on this? Is it a hardware issue? I recently noticed that my microfone have also died, and only gives noise now. (Debian testing + Plasma5)

I did not see any help on the forum from puri.sm on this aspect (died mic) as well as on a lot of other aspects (rubber feet replacement, for instance).

I think I will (re)try to spam the support but with very little hope on getting any efficient help at all.

I think my journey with purism will end very soon as the QA of my librem13v1 was very very poor and the quality of the whole laptop pretty bad.

That is sad since I thought the idea was good but the implementation very poor.

I had a similar issue with a mic and speakers that stopped working within a month of getting my 15V3. I followed the support contact guidance, performed the testing as recommended by Mladen, and when it failed testing, sent it back and received a replacement in good working order.

1 Like

We are communicating with our manufacturer regarding rubber feet directly, we will see what we can do about it. I really do not know if any laptop manufacturer out there (Dell, Apple) provides this.

As for your mic problem, have you ever reported this to us?