Mobile-Friendly Firefox Customizations for Librem 5

Do you currently use Mobile-Friendly-Firefox? If so, then you should be able to notice that the text in the URL Bar becomes bigger when you select it. The proposed change is to make the text stay the same size when selected. Both options have pros and cons, but I don’t expect most people to care enough to warrant yet another user selection option in the script.

1 Like

I voted for keeping the font size as-is, but then again I directly changed the css along time ago, so I won’t benefit from an extra option in the install script :wink:
I often modify URLs in the address bar, so I need to see what I’m doing. The huge font made that nearly impossible (I actually thought it was a bug triggered by the particular combination I had chosen)

1 Like

Thank you for voting. With 7 votes in, only 14% selected the current behavior, with the other two options each getting 43%. So I have opted to close the poll and implement the proposed update. I have also updated the on my repo with additional information and re-organization.



Introducing a new desktop button! Say hi to FriendlyFox! It features a menu to conveniently activate scripts without the need to type terminal commands. Just tap&hold/secondary-click the FriendlyFox icon and tap/click the script you want to run. There is also an option to Launch Firefox, and the Customize option allows you to choose the tap/click behavior of the button itself. The default is Install and can be changed to Update or Launch Firefox. Oh, and did I mention that I made the FriendlyFox logo myself using LibreOffice Draw? It’s a cute little Red Panda, otherwise known as a Fire Fox. I also used GIMP to modify my avatar. Yay free software! I hope everyone enjoys the new update!

  • Transitioned branch (master to main)

  • Added new files:

    • “Before/After” image (Before_After.png)
    • logo image (friendlyfox.png)
    • desktop file (friendlyfox.desktop)
    • wrapper script (
    • customize script for desktop file (
    • update script (
    • script to remove old repo (
  • Modified friendlyfox.desktop,,,, and

    • fixed copyright date
  • Modified,, and

    • fixed variable
  • Modified

    • fixed clone command
    • updated to remove old repo
    • restore old directory if cloning failed
    • minor modification for failed update
  • Modified and

    • updated for compatibility with new files
  • Modified

    • fixed variable
  • Modified custom_rules.css, fenix_fox-alt.css, fenix_fox.css, fenix_one-alt.css, and fenix_one.css:

    • disabled URL Bar font enlarging*
  • Modified

    • added “Dependencies” section*
    • updated image link
    • added and modified instructions
    • modified to look better
    • re-organized sections
    • added note recommending uninstall of mobile-config-firefox to preserve customizations*

*Thanks to magdesign for submitting and solving a few issues that have been implemented in this release.


Currently with mobile friendly settings the font is much too large and should be edited to be much smaller when entering URL field to edit.
Also not sure if that is possible but when entering URL field to edit it would be good to hide the back button, reload button, window tab button, and add-on button so the url field expands.

1 Like

This has already been addressed, as noted in my previous comment detailing the latest updates. After updating, you will need to run the script again in order to apply the changes.

It doesn’t appear to be possible to hide an element based on the condition of a completely different element. The way to implement your suggestion would be to expand the URL Bar to cover the other elements. This is what the standard mobile-config-firefox does (or at least it used to do this), but my code additions seem to override this behavior in a way that I haven’t been able to fix yet. I’ll probably look into it again, but I’m currently doing lots of other things and bouncing back and forth between different projects. Thank you for the suggestion though.

1 Like