My first week of using the L5, Pics and questions

That fix works for bluetooth.

Also here is a screen shot of some apps installed.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing this information.

Figured out auto rotate as well tonight.

5 Likes

Thought I would share a few more pictures. So far the download speed on the phone when connected to wifi is pretty slow…not sure why (compared to other phones in the house (Apple/Android).
Cellular icon and functionality cuts out from time to time…Not sure why and I cant put any trends together for when it does it or comes back to life.

4 Likes

Wait, I just noticed - two external monitors? Are they both really driven by the L5? Are they displaying the same image (cloned)? What’s the output of wlr-randr when both are connected?

4 Likes

Yes displayed from the L5. Im using a Dell Docking station, of which has an HDMI connection to one monitor and a display port to the other monitor. The Dell Dock powers the L5 via USB-C connection, but it runs kinda hot…So i dont leave the L5 connected to the Dell dock more than about 10 minutes at time.

I get both a wifi connection and also a hard wire connection (at the same time) on the L5 according to the setting manager on the L5.

2 Likes

How did you get dark mode on the system apps?

1 Like

I have my L5 ocnnected to a dock for 2 hours sometimes and it works just fine. Does it get warm/hot? Yes. Is it reaching a dangerous level of hotness? Not rly…it’s just our skin being very sensitive to temperature which makes us overreact to anything warmer than 104 Fahrenheit / 40 degree celcius.

1. $ sudo apt install gnome-tweaks
  2. on home screen, tap on the eye ‘Show All Apps’ on the bottom.
  3. select ‘Settings’ -> ‘Display’ -> set ‘Scale’ to 100% -> ‘Apply’
  4. click on top notch -> ‘Portrait’ so it displays the phone horizontally.
  5. on home screen, select ‘Tweaks’
  6. In ‘Tweaks’ -> ‘Appearance’ -> Themes -> Applications set to ‘Adwaita-dark’
1 Like

The Librem 5 will stop charging if the temperature gets much over 40°C.

You can monitor the temperature yourself.

Sorry for my poor english…
I just want to say : after one week with my new Librem 5 as my main phone, I am more than satisfyed. I am very very happy to use it. I have no major problem, and I know that, with update, this phone will be better (better than what I have already?? Wow!!!)… and he is right now better than the Galaxy Note 3 that I bought in 2014. I’ve seen a lot of people angry against Purism. Me, I say to them : " Big thanks to the genius who make me feel free of GAFAM. Thank you very much! With the Librem 5, you create one thing that we that our century need urgently to stop our slavery!

9 Likes

This was wrote with my Librem 5. And hey… with the wifi off, I can use my Librem 5 all the day at work without charge. Easily 8h30 without charge.

5 Likes

What colour is Adwaita dark?
Can I use my black background as a theme?

Adwaita dark is white font on black background.

Yes, you can.

1 Like

How does that work, I am very very new

1 Like

In ‘Tweaks’ -> ‘Appearance’ -> Themes -> Background set to the image u want that’s saved on your local disk. But it replaces the pureOS default wallpaper that appears during launching an App only.

You can check this which also comes with keyboard theme and works perfectly fine in usage but it requires an account on their repo in order to download david hammer’s content and also permission, which you can ping a moderator in here to grant it.

Thank you, highly appreciated!

$ gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.interface gtk-theme
$ gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface gtk-theme 'Adwaita-dark'

As described here: “The phosh UI utilizes GTK3 for themes.” and tested on my Librem 5.

Thank you :+1:t2:

1 Like

I tried it and the result is a dark grey text, the background stays white. How can I reverse it?
Thank you.

1 Like