- Actually using it as a phone (calling and messaging).
- Networking and SSH over usb cable.
- tmux, htop, mc, sudo, lsof, systemctl, and everything you expect from a linux distro, when using shell.
- Synchronization of contacts and calendars with Nextcloud server (using tasks requires application which is not adapted to vertical touch display yet, but it’s usable).
- Yubico authenticator with yubikey connected through usb works out-of-the-box.
Problems and suggestions:
- It’s a bit annoying (and initially confusing) that notification area is opened by touching top bar, not by sliding a finger from the top of the screen.
- Nextcloud integration doesn’t show any error if there are problems with server. I got an error message only when I tried to configure raw CalDav in Evolution, which led me to fixing the problem. (For the record: the error was “No ‘Authorization: Basic’ header found” and solution was to uncomment in nginx “fastcgi_param HTTPS on;”)
- After every network reconnection there are 2 notifications about webdav access to nextcloud in Files app. They are annoying and I cannot disable them.
- SIM card pin is entered using normal keyboard, not on a dial pad like screen lock. It breaks my muscle memory.
- Keyring is not unlocked together with screen lock after booting (I set the same password for both).
- Setting up Polish language required running
sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales.
- In contacts, longer values are ellipsed with “…” and only option to see them whole is to enter editing.
- No way to configure sounds for ringtone, notifications, alarms.
- No separate volume controls for apps, notifications, calling. On my other android phone I have loud notifications with apps muted (and I unmute them, when I want them them).
- I cannot quickly change volume by holding volume button.
- When touching sms notification, app shows whatever I was recently looking at, not the message that arrived.
- When alarm rings, I cannot turn it off, without unlocking screen.
- No gps receiver on/off control in notification area (gps receiver AFAIK usually eats a lot of power).
- The Maps application is terrible at pinch gestures. I removed it in favor of PureMaps from flathub.
- Touching mobile connection indicator in notification area should turn on/off mobile internet. If I wanted to disable mobile modem completely, I’d use hardware switch.
- Monitor app consumes too much of cpu by itself.
- In Clock app: if I have an alarm with a name and selected days of a week, entering editing clears those settings, that even cancelling edition leaves those cleared.
- Weather app doesn’t remember manually selected location.
- No automatic “do not disturb” based on time.
- “Night light” in screen settings seems to have no effect.
- Trying to add Librem One online account shows TLS connection error.
- Default apps that have problems fitting on screen:
- PureOS Store
- Settings, when entering some submenus, like notification settings for specific apps.
The Nextcloud desktop app by default lives in tray, but there is a way to force it, to show when launching from apps menu: In file
Waydroid fails to start: https://github.com/waydroid/waydroid/issues/158
What I haven’t done yet:
- Send an email, signed with PGP key on smartcard.