I would try to set them manually, and disable Automatic Date & Time for the moment.
Good Thank you.
I just got stuck in my mind.
it works now.
Here’s how it looks like when synchronized
purism@pureos:~$ timedatectl timesync-status Server: n/a (3.debian.pool.ntp.org) Poll interval: 34min 8s (min: 32s; max 34min 8s) Leap: normal Version: 4 Stratum: 2 Reference: 93E70206 Precision: 1us (-23) Root distance: 41.716ms (max: 5s) Offset: +2.437ms Delay: 13.321ms Jitter: 7.329ms Packet count: 128 Frequency: +6.081ppm purism@pureos:~$
you’re a second too late -
I set it all manually and I can get the updates now with no certification issue.
can you please paste the link
Did you receive it today?
Would you mind sharing the day when you placed your order?
I’m asking so that this thread can be updated with another entry.
now here’s what I get when trying to downloadi the OS Updates
unable to download updates: E:https://repo.pureos.net/pureos amber-security/main arm64 libldap-common all 2.4.47 + dfsg -3+deb10u3 is not(yet)abailable (404 Not Found[IP:220.127.116.11 443])
did you do apt update before?
of course i did not
(honestly people like me…)
Lol! After you get everything set up and connected, you can switch back to Automatic Date, Time, and Time Zone.
I would recommend doing the following:
- Get all the updates under the Updates tab within PureOS store.
- Install Librem 5 Goodies, which will add some useful utilities.
- Install a Files app. (Nemo works well without adjustments. Nautilus works OK with some adjustments, I believe. Search for either using the search function in the store.)
- By default, you will only see apps listed that have already been adapted for the screen, but you can search for any other app in the repository, using the search function. Such apps may or may not fit well at the moment. And there are some workarounds. You can also install packages from the Terminal if you know the name of the app.
- If you add the Flathub repository in the PureOS store, several flatpak apps will appear in the default apps categories. You can also search for others.
- You can create WebApps (i.e. sandboxed direct links) to any website, using the Web app (also called Epiphany). These links will appear as icons in your apps list.
- And of course, check out the Wiki I linked above, as well as recent topics in the forum.
Thank kind person.
Also - what’s the likelihood of Skype Jitsi or Zoom - working on this device??
and having connected to my nextcloud account - will I see it in Nemo??
Not sure about those apps.
There’s a link to connect to Nextcloud in Settings, under Online Accounts.
I think there is already, but I don’t exactly remember anymore.
I received it today
I cannot find the reciept.
But I did order it in 2017 I think it was September.
You are welcome to update the database.
By the way, @sherab_kelsang, don’t place too much faith in the battery level indicator. It’s somewhat inaccurate still, and the charge can drop very suddenly from, say, 40% to almost empty.
The phone takes about 4 hours to charge from very low to full if the phone is off. If it’s on, it will take longer.
If you created an account when you placed your order (and you probably did create an account), your order date and info should be there.
Are the reddit videos made by you? I like them!
If you still have your old emails, you can find it by searching for emails with this sender:
Having the exact order date would be very helpful for the estimate thread.
@sherab_kelsang Judging from your videos, I’m guessing you don’t know how to dismiss open items from your carousel. Just swipe them upward and they’ll go away. Namaste!
The red light goes out when the phone is fully charged, redlightwisdom.