[MyL5] Librem 5 arrived. Where is file explorer? Certification issues

Are the reddit videos made by you? I like them!

2 Likes

If you still have your old emails, you can find it by searching for emails with this sender:
ops@puri.sm
Having the exact order date would be very helpful for the estimate thread.

@sherab_kelsang Judging from your videos, I’m guessing you don’t know how to dismiss open items from your carousel. Just swipe them upward and they’ll go away. Namaste!

Edit: https://puri.sm/posts/librem-5-visual-walkthrough/

The red light goes out when the phone is fully charged, redlightwisdom. :wink:

2 Likes

yes
i thought it will be nice for people to see a real noob who knows nothing.
i might do some more videos in the days to come.

5 Likes

Actually, I would think most people will run in this Date & Time, Timezone issue that prevents the update. A friend of me had the same issue. Fortunately, I read about it previously so that I could help him.

1 Like

September 11 2017
That’s the date
You may enter it on my behalf

4 Likes

Many people are always clamoring for videos, so you will definitely be popular on the web.

Don’t forget to mention this forum, because it seems a lot of people on reddit aren’t aware they can find information and media here.

3 Likes

As I said I think I’ll do some more videos - unfrotunately they may not be very pleasing for Purism - as my initial experience is that this device needs lots of work done.
I am not being negative - I support Purism with all my heart.
But hey - i just spent a lot of time with Lollypop trying to listen to an MP3 from my Nextcloud account - and some tracks played others just didn’t.
so…
But I am very optimistic

5 Likes

go for it !!!

2 Likes

Will do
Yes I was one of those people wanting videos.

i think I am such a normal guy that I will just show my experience.
And even though it amy not be very falttering to Purism I will always do it wiht a posistive air because I am a great supporter of Purism.

3 Likes

I don’t think they mind. But I would recommend trying to find answers here if you encounter something that’s not working. It may be a simple fix.

2 Likes

Plus, in the absence of knowledge, posters in the Purism subreddit sometimes just start spewing nonsense and factual inaccuracies.

Fortunately @dos and @amosbatto are there to enlighten them.

Well, that wouldn’t be a Purism problem. It would be the Lollypop problem, savvy?

1 Like

yes of course.
We are all in this together.

2 Likes

The way I see it is - if its available its Purism.
This is Purism’s responsibility.
It didn’t occur to me to think ahh this is GNOME issue.
I just thought to myself it is an OS issue = Purism.
Just saying

1 Like

You could ask @gusnan about it. I think he said he maintains Lollypop.

1 Like

thanks. I will. Shall I send him a DM or shall I open a discussion and mentinon his name??

I would start a new topic, in case others have the same issue. That will make it easy to find an answer in the future.

Edit: you can “@” him, so he notices it.

1 Like

Thanks.
This is for another day.
Thanks for all your help.

2 Likes

I have noticed this topic, no need to message me. Could you run Lollypop from a terminal, and see if it prints anything there when the problem appears for you? Even better would be if you run it using the command line “lollypop -d”, which would enable debug, for more verbose output.

3 Likes