My phone arrived this morning via Fedex, USA. The box contains, in addition to the phone and its internal components, the following items:
- Compact USB-C charger with folding North America-type electric prong
- Sturdy 3-ft (92cm) charging cable
- 2 different electric prong adapters for international use
- Sturdy wired earbuds with in-line phone control; approximately 50 inches (127 cm) long
- A pin for opening the SIM/SD card tray
- A Quick Start booklet (full manual is at https://docs.puri.sm/Librem_5.html )
- A personal Thank You card from Todd
The phone’s screen is protected by a tabbed peel-off sheet, but it looks like if you take it off, the screen will be unprotected. >>>EDIT: There is a screen protector that I didn’t notice at first, but it is apparently meant just for protection during transit. See:
The phone weighs 9.3 ounces (263 g)…so yes…heavy.
I’ll be happy to answer questions once it’s finished charging and I’ve had a chance to set it up and test things out. (No requests for videos, please.)
I would like to express my deepest gratitude to the entire Purism team for all the work they put into making this GNU/Linux phone a reality. Bravo, guys!