[MyL5] Received my Librem 5 (Evergreen)

Would you mind letting us know when you receive the email? I contributed on 27 september 2017 :slight_smile:

But I’m in Europe so I suppose I have to wait a bit longer.

What do you mean? I don’t recall Purism stating they would ship to American customers first, or did I miss something?

NHU is probably referring to the extra time in transit once the package is shipped. Should only be a few days more, though.

Hopefully there weren’t a thousand backers just before you ordered. :wink:

Just one person received a phone?

5 Likes

It is completely useless for me because I often send texts in our old Scandinavian language (pre-Swedish) … Just for fun you can put it on but then it is likely to send texts like Dwaff “old hag” :-).

1 Like

I do not remember exactly but the pre-order amount rose quite rapidly at that time (September 2017). But I remember that I was angry not to have noticed the Librem5 pre-order earlier. But I can wait a little longer - take no stress from me.

Kudos to Kyle for the Screenshot tool!

6 Likes

Of course I will tell. I just supposed that it is easier and faster to deliver the phones inside the USA. I also think I will have a small struggle with the customs here before I can get the Librem5 into my hands. But I’m happy waiting because I’m waiting for something good.

the 19 sept 2017 the number was around 507116$ of fundings
507116 / 599 = 846
Minus dev-boards and simple donation, the gross approximation of your position in queue should be around 830 :wink:

2 Likes

Interesting estimate. I thought I was earlier in the line. Well, I have to be a nice boy and wait for my turn … But I still have hopes to get it before the end of the year.

1 Like

i’d be swell if this tool would give us the option of setting a dimension in pixels of the part of the screen we’d like to snip and also allow us to specify an exact coordinate relative to bottom-left/right , upper-left/right corner(s) or simply manually position the snip-box like we’re used to when cropping in GIMP.

i know it’s a mobile-phone but since convergence is an interest point it would be nice to have what i described above.

ex : 512x512 @ the center of the snip box (calculated by drawing the diagonal intersection point of the snip box) in relation to x=60,y=80 coordinates relative to top-left corner.
if the coordinates are too low then snip-box dimension is automatically reduced and snapped to screen edges so that snip-box RATIO (defined by the original dimension) gets preserved.

2 Likes

I notice that there is no calendar as a standard app?

One of the things I hate about android and other phones is that you have to sign into a gmail or other mail account in order to access a simple calendar which is vastly annoying!

I assume there is a gnome calendar or similar that can be downloaded for the L5 from the Pure Store? And this calendar can be accessed without any type of email or other sign in?

1 Like

Here you can see status of calender:
Not optimized but usable — app cannot entirely fit into screen, but at least partially usable by toggling landscape/portrait orientation (without changing DPI).
Would be interesting @amarok if there is really no calender or if it can be installed via terminal or PureOS Store.

3 Likes

I glanced through all the 200++ messages in this thread and see only one forum member who reported having received the Evergreen (USA) device in the last 3-4 days… Am I mistaken?

4 Likes

There are a couple of people on reddit who posted that they’ve received the shipping email and a tracking number. I don’t know if they post in this forum. IIR, someone else here got initial notice from Purism, too.

3 Likes

I downloaded Gnome Calendar from the store and took a look at it. It’s difficult to use, even in landscape, but once someone scales it to fit it looks like a good option, with week/month/year views, integrated week’s weather forecast, etc.
If Thunderbird email client ever gets scaled down, it also has an integrated calendar. I checked out Thunderbird on the L5 yesterday and it’s totally unusable at the moment, due to the scaling issues.

3 Likes

Updates continue to roll in periodically…as with any GNU/Linux distribution.

4 Likes

there are developers in upstream gnome working on making it adaptive.

7 Likes

Can you post a screenshot how bad this was? The calendar of it too?
@joao.azevedo Do you know if there is work done on Thunderbird?

No evolution - no calendar sigh