[MyL5] Received my Librem 5 (Evergreen)

I did - when the dock is plugged in to a USB-A source, the phone negotiates 900mA current, which depending on load may or may not be enough to power it. Adding to that the current consumed by the dock itself, I’d say the source you plug the dock into must be capable of providing at least 1.5A. FWIW, the USB 2.0 standard requires ports to support (simplifying it a bit) at least 500mA and USB 3.0 - 900mA, so it’s best to use a USB-A charger that’s clearly marked as capable of providing at least 1.5A this way.

3 Likes

@spaetz did you buy pinepower from US? Is there a EU reseller? This looks very good and looking locally in Greece did not find anything as good as this. I found similar products but none shows Volts and Amperes.

There is only the Pinestore. They are based in Hong Kong or China. The parcel came from a polish logistics firm, I think they have a warehouse there, so I had no trouble with customs. But it might be different for others, that was just my experience.

1 Like

In one of the monthly blog posts during the last six month pine64 wrote about their plans of resellers in some parts of the world, which would charge a higher price than the pine64 store. Probably logistics are faster and maybe customers have more rights or can make better use of them. I don’t know the current state.

OK, I will ask them for more information about shipping to Greece.

I wish you could ship me to Greece for a few weeks. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

No you wouldn’t like it in the situation we live with covid. It is not good. Too many cases for our health system, and the government refuses to put money in the public hospitals.

Maybe we can arrange to ship you to Greece later in summer. We cross our fingers for this possibility because the news for AstraZeneca vaccine are not good and people have already started refusing vaccination with this vaccine.

Other than that, you are of course welcome!

4 Likes

Another option is the NexDock Touch that I remember somewhere on this forum and also YT reviews. It has support for USB-C 3.1 with DisplayPort, and on nexdock.com specifically lists the L5 in its supported devices.

Guido showed that working with the Librem 5 here:

1 Like

I pre-ordered a nextdock 2 so hopefully I’ll get my phone sometime after that, hopefully not too long after…lol.

Me to, ive ordered a nexdock touch an my L5 was ordered sometime 3rd Qtr 2019. When I have both I’ll figure things out and then post/and YT things out as a newbie Linux’er, up to that time I’ll be studying…but wo the L5 the studying is zzzzzz… So send me the L5 (after enough stuff is worked out) and I will be rollin, rollin, rollin along;-)

@qxotk, congratulations on getting your L5! Can I make a suggestion? As your issues might take quite a lot of back and forth commenting, please copy your posts above into a new thread, so we can all start helping to troubleshoot.

3 Likes

Moved per your suggestion: New L5 Evergreen - Problems Charging & Over

2 Likes

I too ordered in 2017 (credit card statement), then was offered a later batch (Evergreen) based on “possible bug” updates. Made sense, so I took it. What I didn’t know was that my order date would change to Aug. 2019! I’m guessing/hoping, that I receive my phone early in 2023. Unfortunately, I’m retired now, so don’t have the initial purpose for the phone. Almost like dealing with the government, lack of transparency with orders and locations of orders in the queues.

1 Like