[MyL5] Received my Librem 5 (Evergreen)

giphy(dot)com is owned by Facebook.

6 Likes

Suggest pursuing those questions in the other topic.

3 Likes

Re: phone call quality, I tested with a friend, who said I sounded muffled. He sounded clear to me.
I’m going to open a new thread for this and any other issue that comes up that needs to be troubleshot, so as to keep this one more focused. As others start to get their phones, they can start their own threads.

5 Likes

You probably need to update 6.3 When will the Librem 5 (Evergreen) start shipping?

2 Likes

More:
Default keyboard doesn’t have predictive typing…probably a proprietary thing.

I always turn the predictive typing off. Better to have my typooosss in the text, rather than have “honey, pass me some salt” converted into “you old hag, you wasted 25 years of my life” by that stupid thing :slight_smile:

16 Likes

I have a love hate relationship with predictive typing (or other similar features). Yes, it fixes a lot of my typos, particularly on a phone-sized keyboard but, no, sometimes I know better and then it’s a pain to fix.

3 Likes

webarchive.org 9 october 2017 - is my day :grinning:

The auto-complete comes in handy when typing frequently used terms like email addresses, complex strings of characters, your home address, etc.

3 Likes

I updated:

3 Likes

https://www.hackers-game.com/2020/09/08/robocalls-fight-bots-with-bots/

4 Likes

§6.3 refers to “raised the price of the Librem 15 to $799”. I wish. :wink:

§1.7 has a typo “battey”.

1 Like

This is offtopic here, for these comments we have the following thread: Frequently Asked Questions for the Librem 5.

2 Likes

Nice! Just verified that it works: https://social.librem.one/@eliasr/105243293093757846

7 Likes

Seems durable to me. There are 6 tabs around the sides and it fits flat against the internals with no gaps or play. I wouldn’t start flinging it across the room a lot, though.

6 Likes

Question for Purism team: Is the L5 supposed to see an attached USB drive for file transfer? It doesn’t seem to be recognizing mine. I also don’t see “+Other Locations” in the file manager (as shown in screen shots above).

Edit: referring to Mladen’s & Joao’s screen shots.

2 Likes

I hope there is a protective case for it soon, I drop my phone too often and if I didn’t have my otter case my phone would be in pieces LOL, same with protecting the glass.

1 Like

You might have to mount it first, I generally disable the “automount” option on my computers if it isn’t already. Usually that can be done in the file manager, but I’ve never used PureOS.

You mean through the terminal?

Like I said, usually it can be done in the file manager, but I’ve never used PureOS, much less on a phone. The terminal should certainly work, though.