New Post: Librem 14 Update: Freed EC, Shipping Beginning in March

I thought I remember some pretty heated frustration from an individual around exactly that situation.

I think they ended up selling their ‘spot’ on the forums recently, so I think that’s a possibility if support is saying you have to wait for your shipment to be queued. It’s probably best to reach out to support first though.

1 Like

I asked for a warranty repair for my Librem 13v4 back in November (I think it was?) and was told I could swap for a Librem 14 and to wait until late December. With these delays will my repair be delayed until May? Or when 14s start shipping?

It’s logical to assume that you can’t get Librem 14 until it is available. You are lucky to have it instead of 13 though.

I push this "request " and would also love to see a new photo of the kill switches.

@Kyle_Rankin, @nicole.faerber

4 Likes

So shipping remains in March?

Asking as when asked on email [before the purchase] I was informed it will be on end March or early April so I’m curios if my laptop will come at least in April.

I don’t have any other laptop/desktop so I need it :slight_smile:

1 Like

@dallas87 for pre-orders, presumably yes, March. That being said, the fact that nobody has received shipping information at this point in the month, I’m starting to doubt it.

If you were to order today though, the store now says shipping in May so I really wouldn’t expect it before May at this point. If you need a laptop right this second, the Librem 14 isn’t going to be it.

2 Likes

@codenomad I ordered in mid January
Don’t need right this second but March yes as I planned with it in mind

1 Like

You could try to sell you preorder on a private basis.

For I did buy a L14 out of a preorder from some other customer, who hadn’t had the time to wait.
We came to terms and I paid via PayPal. Then the former owner wrote an email to Mladen from the Support-Team for the dedicated order to undergo an address-change.

So the preorder underwent a change of owners.

I then wrote a mail to Mladen while I needed a slightly different configuration. He changed it according to my needs an I paid the price-difference.

Maybe you could just offer you preoder for sale here in the forum?

6 Likes

Unfortunately that’s not an option yet as I don’t have other options out there.

1 Like

Any updates @Kyle_Rankin? Are we still looking good to ship in March?

6 Likes

*Edit: reduce snark

We are now at the halfway point in March, no emails, and no updates.

I hope I eat these words for everybody’s sake, but given the above, I’m expecting we are going to hear about another delay at the end of this week, or the beginning of next.

2 Likes

So far things are going according to plan. As always we’ll post an update when there’s something to update.

10 Likes

You ought to set up an “update canary,” much like the warranty canary. People can visit a URL to see if there’s any new updates.

…wait…

1 Like

Excellent news, thanks @Kyle_Rankin!

2 Likes

RSS

1 Like

Just curious, is anyone aware of any L14 that has shipped? Or is the score still 0 L14s out the door?

I found people willing to sell pre-orders (I would take their place in the queue) but I have zero confidence in any date they tell me they were promised, and I have to check my notes to see if Purism ever actually explicitly told me I was guaranteed their place in line if the order was transferred to my account.

In any case, today at 10 pm my chance to cancel turns into a pumpkin, which then turns into a laptop… When? Who knows. No one, evidently.

Upside is, with quality control like this, our machines are guaranteed to work perfectly out the box every time! What a happy lot we will be!

No one has got L14 till now, otherwise Purism had published a news update.
I pre-ordered in the first week of the per-order campaign and I have not yet received the email message for confirming my shipping address.

1 Like

It could be that as long as they ship one unit on the 31st, then shipping begins in March :rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Yep, as with @Freedom_Right I preordered in the first week as well and so far no email.

waiting_mailbox

3 Likes

3 Likes