I can confirm this. I get that people just want their L14 but there are delays all over the place and a car costs a lot more than an L14.
Thanks for the post, Kyle. For background, I own a number of Purism products and am excited to support the company.
My experience with the Librem 5 Aspen/Birch batch was that Purism announced that they had hit a shipping deadline, but there were transparency problems. Appearances were that phones only ‘shipped’ to a couple Purism employees, and we early backers didn’t receive phones until a bit later. I don’t know the truth, just what information was publicly available.
So I am a bit skittish when it sounds like history repeating. I am hearing that everything is on track and according to plan, yet I know there are so many challenges with supply chain issues and everything involved in designing an all-new laptop, even to-dos mentioned in the March 22 blog post.
To be clear, I am happy to support Purism through these challenges and delays, which I fully expected. I just want to clarify that without more information, it is hard for us to interpret what “according to plan” and “shipping in March” really will mean in terms of devices getting out to customers.
Based on experience I think it is wise to read carefully, note that the statement did not say “shipping in March”, it said “shipping beginning in March”. That does not mean all orders will be shipped in March. Strictly speaking it does not even mean all will be shipped this year.
Has there been any information/estimate of how long it is expected to take to process all L14 pre-orders, once shipping has started?
https://shop.puri.sm/shop/librem-14/ :
“Orders placed today ship May 2021.”
I start to understand them when they said that this is their dreamed laptop.
This is exactly what came to mind when I saw that post. Given the fact that nobody here has posted about a confirmation email, I’m doubting shipping actually means ‘shipping to customers’, but hey, I’ll eat those words too if it means it’s going to happen.
I will say that I’m going to be fairly upset if I see a non-Purism reviewer video of the laptop before I receive my pre-order…

“Shipping” means shipping to customers. We have almost a year of order backlog to go through so obviously we will be shipping Librem 14s for awhile before we get to shipping parity, but while it’s obviously going to be tight, all indications are still that we should be able to start shipping before the end of the month.
Like I said before shipping a single laptop to a customer on the 31st qualifies as “shipping begins in March” 

So I’m not holding my breath to have it before late April at best. Hopefully I am wrong.
You win 
With such great customer service, I can’t wait to buy another purism product.
I really don’t understand why you all insist on coming here and feeding your own impatience. This can’t be helping anything.
Just got an email asking to confirm my shipping address, ordered 7/2/2020. Exciting! 
I received shipping information email message too! ![]()
I back-ordered on 7 July 2020.
Shipping will start by the end of March and you should receive an
email with tracking information within the next 2 to 3 weeks.
Same here.
Same here \o/
Wooohoo! Same here!
Same here
(7 July 2020)

