New Post: Thank You Librem 5 Supporters!

We have shipped through the entire Librem 5 queue, and as a result the Librem 5 lead-time is now two-weeks for new orders.

16 Likes

When I first heard of the Librem 5 Project, I was hoping it doesn’t end up like the other Gnu/Linux phones attempts, so I had to put my money where my mouth is and help this project !
Patiently waiting the 3.5 years of development and production, the wait was completely worth it

Purism you started a life changing project in the good way, I’m happy and proud to have supported it !
Thank you ! For going the hard challenging way in doing the right things !
Thank you ! For the difficult choices you had to make !
Thank you ! For the sweat you are putting on this project !
Thank you ! For not giving up in front of the constant haters and smear campaigns !
Thank you ! For the better technological future you are creating !

9 Likes

Thank you Purism, you a Hero.

5 Likes

Been daily driving my L5 since I received it about 4-5 months ago.

I think one of the best things I can say about it is how is to comment on the unremarkable part - I can forget it’s a GNU/Linux phone and just rely on it to be phone when I need it.

(That’s not to discount the remarkable part where I am am running Linux in my pocket all day long, in 2023 no less)

6 Likes

(very similar follow-up blog post)

New Post: All Librem 5 Smartphones Have Shipped!

All Librem 5 Smartphones Have Shipped!
SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA- Purism is excited to announce that all Librem 5 smartphones have been shipped, reaching shipping parity for all confirmed orders. Congratulations to all those who invested in the development of the secure device.

7 Likes

Might I suggest that the purism store update expected delivery times on product order pages?

The Liberty Phone still says available again in August.

Congrats on the achievement!

2 Likes

I thank Purism for keep going on, despite many negative comments on the web. You (Purism) proved them wrong :yum:

6 Likes

I love the librem 5 its a great device, still has a couple of issues but i’m sure those will be fixed in the future

i really want this to succeed and that the linux phone space becomes large enough to stand next to google/apple. Because we need that privacy/security alternative to those companies

5 Likes

Proved them wrong in what? That you can get away with violating your own policies and FTC rules? Yes, they seemed to be able to pull that off, but I don’t see why this should be celebrated.

I’m not even going into that. This is a ‘thank you’ thread.
Everybody is entiteld to have an opinion

5 Likes

I didn’t get an L5, because I just threw in 100 bucks in the original campaign to help make this happen. I’m glad it worked out!

(I didn’t get the promised t-shirt for that, but I’d regard that as a waste of money anyway and rather have you, Purism, continue your awesome work.)

Let’s not forget the great side-effects the creation of the L5 had. One of the best is that you now have a GNOME desktop that is optimized for touchscreens. (I love it on my convertible 2-in-1 notebooks!)

Thank you, Purism! Thank you, Todd!

7 Likes

I just put in an order the other day and now today I looked it says “Shipped” Whaaaaat , Thank you Purism for the quickness. Lol

9 Likes

Purism

Maybe it would be fun to put your details in this thread:
https://forums.puri.sm/t/estimate-your-librem-5-shipping

4 Likes

Agree. A trustworthy <10 days shipping report and then the shipping thread can be closed :heavy_check_mark:

2 Likes