I like the design but it takes a little at first to get used to the button layout and nomenclature. Maybe moving the sliders below the buttons would be better (easier to reach - thumb can only move 2" from bottom screen edge, or just changing them to vertical sliders on the right of the screen next to notifications, buttons etc…
The power button still doesnt work properly so that may require a kernel fix that is upcoming. When you hit the power button twice quickly it should just lock similar to the iphone without the need to bring the display up. It really gets confused when you do the following:
- with screen on hit the power button 10 times quickly (not too quickly)
- phone screen will turn off, turn on, turn off and at some point stay off
- once screen stays off push power button once
- screen turns on, push button and screen turns off
- observe on button release the screen turns on again, and then keeps turning off and on without pushing any button
You might have to repeat steps 2-4 a few times to get it into that state. Always waiting a few seconds inbetween power button press.
- switch screen to landscape and read firefox blog,
- with auto rotate on push power button once, screen turns off,
- push power button again,
- screen turns on and firefox is in portrait, even though phone is still being held in landscape mode,
- what it should be doing for screen blanking is maintain screen orientation,
- what it should be doing during locking is switch to portrait mode, only if osk pin pad is shown either on phone locking or screen unblanking with phone locked screen
Maybe a future improvement could be to add a landscape optimized osk unlock screen.