Project help needed?

Hey,

I’ve been working on a open source project for out of band communication and now I am looking to more contributors to project. Solution is implemented to various hw’s at the moment, reTerminal, pinephone and RPi 400 etc.

It’s very limited and tailor made, but requests I get - exceed what I am able to support as part time open source developer. If any one is interested and have experience about buildroot, linux kernel, cryptography and QT/QML - maybe you are able to help?

This is what solutions looks like in action: https://youtu.be/mH3LuE05lTM

There is also demand to have this solution running on Librem5 USA, where I am unable to help.

It may help to expand on

• what the name of the project is (not crucial info but…)
  • what it can do for me / why I would want to use it
  • what you mean by “out of band communication”
  • where the source repository is (e.g. git location)
1 Like

Project name is ‘oobcomm’. Most of us are out of scope to use this, but there are groups of users who are very interested about this. Out-of-band is a term from CISA ransomware incident handling guide [1] where organizations should have out of band channel to handle responses. I am working to get public repositories visible and meanwhile you can check my wiki around this: https://resilience-theatre.com/wiki/doku.php?id=pinephone:introduction

[1] https://www.cisa.gov/sites/default/files/publications/CISA_MS-ISAC_Ransomware%20Guide_S508C_.pdf

1 Like

I will consider contributing to this project if a PeerTube link is provided. I have a Librem 5 USA and a strong interest in cryptography, particularly in one-time pads and QRNG.

Wonder why I need to provide PeerTube link?

1 Like

I do not use YouTube.

And what Youtube has to do with this project?

1 Like

What your solution looks like in action.

Ah, that’s just a demo video. You don’t need that. Here’s my github repo:

1 Like

Okay, I am fine accessing GitHub, but I cannot justify creating a GitHub account due to my security practices. If you are okay with this arrangement, we can discuss how we can collaborate. Otherwise, I suggest mirroring to a Codeberg repository.

And you can see similar video here (’ Video of Comms’):

Which is locally served :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like your approach. I have codeberg account as well, so fine with that. Stay tuned.

1 Like

Here you go!

Love to hear your take on collaboration chat platform :slight_smile:

1 Like

SMS, email, or Discourse.

Awesome, no Signal. I like it.

You can reach me at ‘info’ on my domain (I cannot paste that link, forum prohibits it) or you can use XMPP with: re_theatre with domain 5222.de (forum prohibits writing that as well) for IM.

1 Like

What about the webcomm? Anything I should know about that, or is it some sort of demo too?

That’s also valid way: I can only response and see while at my desk, I have optical notification light on my desk when msg arrive. And all messages there are ephemeral - so no history after I close chat.

1 Like

Could you elaborate a bit?

1 Like

one solution can be mirroning a github project inside a gitea instance…

1 Like

Sorry for lack of clarity.

I meant what particular security practices or policies preclude opening a github account? I’m not asking for generalities, but for one or a few more of FranklyFlawess for github in particular.

1 Like