Project help needed?

Hey,

I’ve been working on a open source project for out of band communication and now I am looking to more contributors to project. Solution is implemented to various hw’s at the moment, reTerminal, pinephone and RPi 400 etc.

It’s very limited and tailor made, but requests I get - exceed what I am able to support as part time open source developer. If any one is interested and have experience about buildroot, linux kernel, cryptography and QT/QML - maybe you are able to help?

This is what solutions looks like in action: https://youtu.be/mH3LuE05lTM

There is also demand to have this solution running on Librem5 USA, where I am unable to help.

It may help to expand on

  • what the name of the project is (not crucial info but…)
  • what it can do for me / why I would want to use it
  • what you mean by “out of band communication”
  • where the source repository is (e.g. git location)

Project name is ‘oobcomm’. Most of us are out of scope to use this, but there are groups of users who are very interested about this. Out-of-band is a term from CISA ransomware incident handling guide [1] where organizations should have out of band channel to handle responses. I am working to get public repositories visible and meanwhile you can check my wiki around this: https://resilience-theatre.com/wiki/doku.php?id=pinephone:introduction

[1] https://www.cisa.gov/sites/default/files/publications/CISA_MS-ISAC_Ransomware%20Guide_S508C_.pdf

I will consider contributing to this project if a PeerTube link is provided. I have a Librem 5 USA and a strong interest in cryptography, particularly in one-time pads and QRNG.

Wonder why I need to provide PeerTube link?

I do not use YouTube.

And what Youtube has to do with this project?

What your solution looks like in action.

Ah, that’s just a demo video. You don’t need that. Here’s my github repo:

Okay, I am fine accessing GitHub, but I cannot justify creating a GitHub account due to my security practices. If you are okay with this arrangement, we can discuss how we can collaborate. Otherwise, I suggest mirroring to a Codeberg repository.

And you can see similar video here (’ Video of Comms’):

Which is locally served :slight_smile:

I like your approach. I have codeberg account as well, so fine with that. Stay tuned.

Here you go!

Love to hear your take on collaboration chat platform :slight_smile:

SMS, email, or Discourse.

Awesome, no Signal. I like it.

You can reach me at ‘info’ on my domain (I cannot paste that link, forum prohibits it) or you can use XMPP with: re_theatre with domain 5222.de (forum prohibits writing that as well) for IM.

What about the webcomm? Anything I should know about that, or is it some sort of demo too?

That’s also valid way: I can only response and see while at my desk, I have optical notification light on my desk when msg arrive. And all messages there are ephemeral - so no history after I close chat.

Could you elaborate a bit?

one solution can be mirroning a github project inside a gitea instance…

Sorry for lack of clarity.

I meant what particular security practices or policies preclude opening a github account? I’m not asking for generalities, but for one or a few more of FranklyFlawess for github in particular.