PureOS Current releases

Continuing the discussion from Phosh 0.34 (or later) behavior changes for bottom bar:

This reads to me as nearing end of life, and simultaneously most of what I’ve seen about crimson is to the effect of it is under rapid development and not stable as breaking changes may make their way in during this time.

Is there no option for up to date and reasonably stable?

2 Likes

Crimson on x86-64 is reasonably stable from my experience using it on a USB drive.

1 Like

On my PP have been running debian trixie without any problems, I was thinking about flashing crimson as it’s bookworm so should be quite stable even if purism considers it under testing, right?

2 Likes

See my most recent thread below for more information about the experience.

2 Likes

I don’t know that I can agree these two statements can both me true. Reasonably stable and unreliable modem aren’t a combination I would agree with.

1 Like

They are different because one of them is on my Librem 5 USA (ARM64), as mentioned in that thread, while this one is on the Librem 14 (x64), as mentioned in this thread. In addition, the Librem 5 USA has a cellular modem while the Librem 14 does not have one.

2 Likes

This is not about the Lirem 14, forked from a conversation about phosh the context is PureOS including on the Librem 5.

1 Like

Right, this thread is about Crimson, and when you asked the question for an up to date and reasonably stable Crimson, I mentioned x86-64, not AArch64.

1 Like

Ah, I see.

1 Like