Purism - if you are open company stop deleting the comments. Lets people to share their views. Stop acting like Facebook

Just want to let you know your attitude does not help this company at all. The fact that someone from Purism backs your attitude is even worse. You both reinforce the way I feel about this company’s leadership. BTW… I am still waiting for my L5. I paid for it.

1 Like

I agree with you on some of what you say. I have been waiting for my Librem 5 for two years now.

But one thing that is so wrong in the US and in the world right now is that too many people aren’t honest about others after they decide that they don’t like the other person or the company. The company can have a terrible refund policy but can still run a good forum. Clearly, I am unhappy with the company when I suggest that its officers should be compelled to do something that I want them to do or go to jail if not. But that doesn’t mean that the forum is bad. You can be more effective in life if you stick to pointing out someone’s real flaws without making them wrong about everything because you hate them. You should go right to your state’s Attorney General if you have a valid claim and want to exercise your rights right now.

Many large companies have active lawsuits against their own suppliers and customers while maintaining interdependent business operations with those same parties at the same time. You can sue or prosecute with a smile on your face, without necessarily denigrating your claim by being honest about their forum. The forum may not even be helpful for your needs if you are serious about getting your refund now.

When I suggest in this forum, the possibility of forcing Purism to do anything by suggesting intervention from the civil or criminal courts, I only want them to know what people like me are thinking (for now). Sometimes someone’s thoughts do become the reality. But if I get serious about those things, you probably won’t see it from me here. I read a post in this forum several months ago where Purism deleted a thread from someone who was trying to organize group efforts in this forum to go after Purism legally. Purism has every right to delete those threads/posts. The fact that they left my post up tells me that they don’t perceive what I said as a serious threat to them. That surprised me because what they are doing looks possibly criminal to me. Either Purism’s response to that post (not deleting it) was a bluff or they have more legal rights to do what they are doing with respect to the pre-orders than I thought they did. Either way, that’s another data point for me. We’ll see what happens going forward.