My phone arrived this morning via Fedex, USA. The box contains, in addition to the phone and its internal components, the following items:
- Compact USB-C charger with folding North America-type electric prong
- Sturdy 3-ft (92cm) charging cable
- 2 different electric prong adapters for international use
- Sturdy wired earbuds with in-line phone control; approximately 50 inches (127 cm) long
- A pin for opening the SIM/SD card tray
- A Quick Start booklet (full manual is at https://docs.puri.sm/Librem_5.html )
- A personal Thank You card from Todd
The phone’s screen is protected by a tabbed peel-off sheet, but it looks like if you take it off, the screen will be unprotected.
The phone weighs 9.3 ounces (263 g)…so yes…heavy.
I’ll be happy to answer questions once it’s finished charging and I’ve had a chance to set it up and test things out. (No requests for videos, please.)
I would like to express my deepest gratitude to the entire Purism team for all the work they put into making this GNU/Linux phone a reality. Bravo, guys!