Selling Librem 5 Order (ships directly from purism)

I have an order for a Librem 5 that has been ready to ship for a while. Unfortunately my financial situation has changed since I placed the pre-order some years ago and I would prefer a refund. Purism is not offering refunds so I was wondering if anyone would like to purchase my order from me instead.

I am in the USA. Please reply with any offers. Thanks.

5 Likes

I paid about $600 for this and I am not expecting to get that much for it. I am willing to consider any offer.

1 Like

Okay, gratis for my local LUG.

1 Like

:rocket:

What is LUG or mean?

1 Like

Linux User(s) Group:

My local LUG is VanLUG:

Linux Users Group. It’s how Linux spread amongst home users in the 90’s and 2000’s. If you needed an extra HD for an image before an upgrade, you could generally borrow one —> HW was much pricier in those days and people would share. Cables, monitors, 5 1/4" floppy drive, SCSI CD drive, IOMEGA drive, …

1 Like

Thanks, it is new for me.

I got it. Thanks for the full explanation.

Just for the record i started using Gnu/Linux ecosystem by 2008 via Ubuntu thanks to a Windows NT Programmer.

1 Like

Nice! I don’t think LUGs were as necessary by 2008 since the internet was more useful for sharing Linux tips/tricks/philosophy by then.

2 Likes

I would be interested in your order…can you do $450?

2 Likes

Yes, I can do that. Let me figure out how to transfer the order to you. You can pm me directly for further communication.

2 Likes

To transfer an unshipped order in a secure manner you need to involve Purism, and this is a tried and true process that quite a few users have followed.

2 Likes

I have already emailed purism about how to do this, any steps in particular I should know?

1 Like

Only one: Contact Purism. :wink:

2 Likes

How to properly send emails to Purism

2 Likes

Hmm, it seems emails to purism are not going through. It bounced back to me.

“Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.
<support@puri.sm>:
Unable to deliver message after multiple retries, giving up.”

2 Likes

Did you exactly used this address <support@puri.sm> or did you use support@puri.sm ?

1 Like

Are you asking if I included the angle brackets? No I did not (I did double check). That was just added in the return message as yahoo often will display an email address surrounded by angle brackets.

I sent the email to:
support@puri.sm

1 Like

OK, I thought so, but just wanted to be shure.

I have no explanation why your mail is getting bounced.
I have had contact with support just a few days ago.
Does the returned message contain some info why the mail was bounced?

1 Like

Might need an SMTP session log (with an actual SMTP error code for each attempt) to troubleshoot that further.

I just did a basic check of Purism’s SMTP server and it seems to be OK but I didn’t send an actual email. (Check covered: MX record lookup, corresponding A record lookup, TCP connect, STARTTLS succeeded - hence certificate OK, my sender address accepted, the above recipient address accepted.)

Can you send from something other than Yahoo?

1 Like

Works fine with Tuta at the moment.