Since the last update, I no longer receive text messages

Since the last update, I no longer receive text messages. What should I do to fix this?

Did you check your config did not reset? I had this happened a few times, where I needed to reconfigure the gateway and such

It seems that nothing has changed on this side

Are text messages blocked by an MMS (or SMS that needs to use MMS functionality) that wasn’t able to be processed? There were many early reports of this i.e. from a year or more ago. Unfortunately I don’t recall how to unblock if that is the case.

I had problems with not receiving text messages over a month ago. It got resolved with upgrading the modem firmware. I even got the added bonus of gaining the ability to enable VoLTE!

Contact support and see if that is a possible solution for you.

Edit: Chatty was also crashing everytime the modem was on. So it may or may not be the same issue as yours.

I guess the starting point would be: post the incantation that gets the modem firmware version, and both of you post modem firmware version.

However you would also both need to indicate whether you are using VoLTE - and in turn what country / carrier.

Marts, did the situation ever improve for you?
Around the same time as your post, MMS messages stopped working for me.

• Mobile internet still works
  • My MMS settings have the same APN as mobile internet, which I think helps
  • I definitely received an MMS on the 22nd Nov, and I updated later that day

Weirdly, if I put the sim card into another phone, the MMS settings are auto-detected but are different.
If I reproduce these settings on the L5,

• Mobile internet still works
  • Unfortunately the mobile internet and MMS APN are different, which I think is not well supported

In the mmsdtng logs, everything looks reasonable (without knowing what a successful send/receive looks like), except for these proxy errors:

Dec 05 20:41:18 pureos mmsdtng[842]: GSocketClient: Timeout reached, trying another enumeration
Dec 05 20:41:18 pureos mmsdtng[842]: GSocketClient: Starting new address enumeration
Dec 05 20:41:18 pureos mmsdtng[842]: GSocketClient: Address enumeration completed (out of addresses)
Dec 05 20:42:18 pureos mmsdtng[842]: GSocketClient: Connection attempt failed: Could not connect to proxy server 10.1.1.180: Socket I/O timed out
Dec 05 20:42:18 pureos mmsdtng[842]: GSocketClient: Connection failed: Could not connect to proxy server 10.1.1.180: Socket I/O timed out
Dec 05 20:42:18 pureos mmsdtng[842]: Fail to get data (http status = 007)

Anyone else reading this have similar issues???
Thanks,

If it works on the other phone, it ought to work on the L5. I think the difference you’re thinking of is between chatty and mobile settings. Those need to be the same.

Thanks Gavaudan,

Yep, I’m just not clear if the L5 only supports MMS where the MMS APN and mobile internet APN are the same. As you say, these are set in chatty preferences and mobile settings respectively.

Anyway, in the case where they are meant to be different, I also tried setting the MMS APN as the mobile internet APN as well, and that didn’t help.

I’m just really confused why it stopped working, when it was working well. I do note the update I did on the 22nd was a significant one.

Edit: Ahhh, there is a difference in the logs I missed previously. Up to the 22nd Nov, IPv4 settings were being detected/retrieved by mmsdtng; after that they weren’t. That is something for me to continue investigating tomorrow.

Everything work for me. The solution :
sudo mmcli -m any --messaging-list-sms

and

sudo mmcli -m any --messaging-delete-sms=o

And do the same for all messages listed. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Delete messages via mmcli solved the issue for me. Thanks @Marts.

In addition you can see the message before delete via sudo mmcli -m any --sms <sms_path_from_messaging-list-sms_command>.

I had two in receiving status.

3 Likes