Status of Suspend for Librem 5

Does updating the firmware require another computer? (Because this (L5) is my only Linux device.)

No, contact support@puri.sm, they will provide all details.

1 Like

I have using L5 over 1,5 month by now and I really miss a function to auto-suspend at the moment (or max 10s later) I hit the button to lock the phone. Is there any script I could use to achieve this until such feature gets implemented by default?

Not sure if it’s what you’re after, or is too many steps, but the Mobile Settings application has a button to suspend immediately, on the “Librem 5” page.

It works well for me.

1 Like

The packages I see for uboot in the apt repo are as follows:

• u-boot-amlogic
  • u-boot-mvebu
  • u-boot-qcom
  • u-boot-qemu
  • u-boot-rockchip
  • u-boot-rpi
  • u-boot-sunxi
  • u-boot-tegra
  • u-boot-tools

Seems like u-boot-librem-5 is not available in byzantium? I didn’t reinstall my new Librem-5 when I got it (yes, I regret not doing so just in case firmware was out of date)…

My firmware is 2022.10-g9d134279b6
It’d be nice to upgrade the firmware fully so that I can get suspend to work a little better and to be able to unlock boot from SD card as a feature. I know newer versions of uboot allow it, but not sure about this version, as I’ve been unable to boot Mobian from SD. I vermy much would like to get to boot from SD, and even back up data.

I did the uBoot upgrade like described in point 3d) of this post:

1 Like

You’re only missing two latest commits that are related to making booting alternative distros easier (no distro I’m aware of utilizes that yet though) and completely unrelated to suspend.

2 Likes

Is it just me, or does the L5 have more trouble than before getting online after a suspend?

2 Likes

It is me too. Not only you.

2 Likes

Also switching between WiFi and mobile data seems to fail more often. I could not really pinpoint what triggers the issues, but I noticed that getting online sometimes need a lot of switching off/on HKS, enabling/disabling WiFi and mobile data.

Yeah, same impression here: as if wifi and mobile connection are somehow interfering or inhibiting each other: mobile internet appeared to come back online after I switched off the wifi module (by HKS). But, haven’t tested that impression, Too many variables.

2 Likes

I am wondering about the same. Have you found a solution to this?

2 Likes

No, unfortunately not. :confused:
I tried to search around but I never really found a clue how to do something about it.
I’m happy to know if anyone have a clue where these are configured/generated.

1 Like

I think the L5 is waking up from suspend with system notifications. I’ve noticed it come out with Signal desktop notifications anyways. Anyone else notice?

No, I haven’t. Just with SMS and phone calls.

Odd. Maybe it was coincidental timing being triggered by a button press in my pocket or something.

That and wishful thinking :laughing:

2 Likes

…and MMS and Alarm will. And more…
Purism :wink:

1 Like

I Dust Off my Librem 5 Yesterday para Probar, and i noticed Que the Modem doesn’t go into Suspend Mode.

1 Like

@dos one bug I’ve been encountering with suspend specifically on the Librem 5, is that after coming out of suspend, often my LUKS encrypted microSD card cannot be read/written to. It is set up to decrypt automatically using the mechanism provided in the Disks application. It says there is an input/output error, and when I try to navigate to it via files, no files appear under the microSD in the file explorer. For the flatpaks I have installed on it, I always need to restart my phone twice for them to appear in the desktop menu of apps again for some reason, rather than just once.

I tried doing a swap test into the Librem 14, and it doesn’t encounter this issue with suspend. MicroSD card is known good, recently purchased official SanDisk high performance 1 GB card. Being able to have more space is important to be able to use it for a daily driver. If there are any logs I can provide, please let me know how to do so. Appreciate all the efforts you and the rest of the team at Purism have, and continue to put into this device.

1 Like

Not just you: Sdcard becomes read-only after waking up from suspend

From that link, there is an Issue to follow.

Note that, according to that topic, this is not unique to using encryption on the uSD card.

5 Likes