. thanks: about: purism: dorota czaplejewicz

I started this dedicated thread to @dcz as dcz is a Purism programmer to L5 and mainly working on L5 Camera stack.

So i created this thread too to say/send Thanks to dcz or Asking for something.

So i not seeing activity from dcz from few month ago and i am worried if dcz still working for Purism or not, as i seeing dcz working on a fancy personal project: jazda.org.

I just want to say thanks to dcz for the really A-W-E-S-O-M-E work for L5 and Libcamera to L5.
dcz is a Rockstar programmer! and i can not imagine a L5 without the power of dcz.

15 Likes

Interesting, also, that the Core Team page at puri.sm has now, sadly, been “deprecated.”

5 Likes

Yes, I mentioned this a while back in a different thread.

4 Likes

Thanks. I missed that while I was traveling.

2 Likes

Also thanks for the work on touchkeyboard squeakboard

5 Likes

True. @dos either is here.

@francois-techene please tell us WHAT HAPPENING with Purism Core Team?

4 Likes

For all we know @francois-techene is no longer at Purism. He hasn’t posted on the forums since Sep 3rd. The last post by @dos was Sept 16th. The last post by @dcz was August 3rd. Something has happened, but I don’t expect Purism to be open and forthcoming about it. It’s undoubtedly why they no longer post their “Core Team” page.

I think that most of the people who work for Purism are 1099 contractors rather than employees.

1 Like

Dont expect Francois to show up and counter every piece of low effort trolling. He is too busy working on Librem14.

6 Likes

Good to know. I think @dcz is doing other things these days: https://dorotac.eu/ and dcz (@dcz@fosstodon.org) - Fosstodon . It looks interesting.

Why do you think Purism deprecated their “Core Team” page???

2 Likes

Dear @dcz where you are? say “Hi” here at minimum…

Maybe because Recent Purism dds attack? then Purism blocked everything including that purism programmer comment in the forum?

Since we’re speculating, I’m gonna say Purism stopped paying the employees since the company doesn’t seem to have any money and so they’re not working actively any more.
/baseless speculation

When you include something as a quote … have it be a quote/translation. If you are substituting your opinion about a post instead of giving a quote (and indicate it’s a quote), mark it as such (brackets, etc.) — to do otherwise is a misrepresentation. Stop it.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” – Marcus Aurelius

“Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart.” – Marcus Aurelius

“Choose not to be harmed, and you won’t feel harmed. Don’t feel harmed, and you haven’t been.” – Marcus Aurelius

3 Likes

Who is this Marcus Aurelius and why people should care about what he said? Does not even seem to be true.

However, Dorota Czaplejewicz is active on an official Matrix channel (at least she opened the chat on Friday) and she is still moderator. Even if I “saw it”, it’s fact, no perspective. That does not mean the she’s still working for Purism, but since Todd did not remove her moderator status, it could be an indication that she’s still employee.

I didn’t want to share this information first, but this topic is kinda … what ever, go on…

PS: I’m thankful for all devs. Not just this one, not just the others from Purism, but also those from community. Thanks to all who put time into improvements!

1 Like

He was a Roman Emperor, but is probably better known as a Stoic Philosopher and his fame in that vein is due to his Meditations - Wikipedia .

Dorota Czaplejewicz is active on an official Matrix channel (at least he opened the chat on friday) and he is still moderator. … That does not mean the he’s still working for Purism, … his moderator status …

“Dorota” is generally known as a female name in Polish and is, more or less, equivalent to “Dorothy” in English.

2 Likes

Fixed, thanks (and sorry).

I think you missed one. “he opened the chat”

Because it shows that human nature has not changed in thousands of years, even though the world itself has in so many ways. He has his forum. We have our forum.

Seems true to me. :rofl:

2 Likes

I see a lot of changes of “humans nature” in just 10 years - positive as negative. :wink: I don’t like such static thoughts, because most things are fluid.

@Ick . Not everyone agrees with every quote. Perhaps you would like the following quote since it seems to embody the FLOSS spirit:

“When you’ve done well and another has benefited by it, why like a fool do you look for a third thing on top—credit for the good deed or a favor in return?” – Marcus Aurelius

2 Likes

Just for the record: I’m not going anywhere - at least not yet - but I haven’t had much time to browse the forums lately. Here it is if that makes you sleep better - my last post: today :crazy_face:

26 Likes