. thanks: about: purism: dorota czaplejewicz

Great. Glad to see this.

1 Like

Yay! :rocket:

1 Like

Dear @dcz any ETA to come Back to us? Librem 5 it need you for sure.

For the record, I met Dorota at the RustLab 2023 conference and they revealed are no longer employed by Purism. I will not disclose any more details about what we discussed. Hopefully that is enough, though I understand if my word is not enough for everyone here.

9 Likes

Thanks. Thatā€™s really bad news por Librem 5 Camera Stack. :cry:
Purism Please Please Bring Back > Dorota Czaplejewicz @dcz

3 Likes

I thought Dorota was responsible for the OSK :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Dorota worked on squeekboard while OSK is mainly a thing of Guido.

I switched from squeekboard to OSK and are really happy with it. The latter isnā€™t written in Rust, but it works a lot better and comes a lot closer to an iOS or Android keyboardā€¦

2 Likes

To clarify, Iā€™m currently not actively working for Purism, but as a freelancer Iā€™m always there for Free Software projects :slight_smile:

16 Likes

OSK is another word for ā€œon screen keyboardā€, which is every virtual keyboard, Squeekboard included.

4 Likes

We miss you, Dorota! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

So, as a freelancer, that means that the Purism community can crowdfund your employment to work on software, right?

8 Likes

Right. Catch me on Matrix if you want to discuss that. https://matrix.to/#/#dcz-mobile:chatwave.org

7 Likes

Camera redirects (for use as a webcam) would be nice.

1 Like

I do thank you, the camera has made leaps and bounds from where it used to be. Awesome work dcz!

2 Likes

Feel free to join us in the discussion over in the Matrix chatroom.

1 Like

I not have Matrix either interested to use Matrix to get in Touch with Dorota via Matrix. However i strongly support Dorota work via crowdfund or coffee maker.

Thanks

5 Likes

Which Matrix chatroom specifically?

1 Like

Quoted from this message:

1 Like

Dear: Sebastian Krzyszkowiak

May be it is a stupid question but i really nervous on how Purism & Programmer Looks Like. Do you still work for Purism @dos?

thanks of advance.
/carlosgonz

1 Like

How often does he have to report in? Back in October he provided ā€œproof of lifeā€. :wink:

6 Likes