Trying Dawn

Last night I tried updating to Dawn using the apt sources.list file. I ended up with the keypad for entering my encryption password, but no touchscreen input and external keyboard didn’t work. I ended up reflashing my phone. Anyone else tried this? Is this a known problem?

The only keyboard related issue I could imagine was that I was using Squeekboard before the update, but I did that with an update to Crimson via apt sources.

FWIW, the PureOS update popped up and I happily tried it out. It worked out well. I decided I might as well try out the updater before applying my backup.

Dawn isn’t installable / upgradable to yet without manual interventions. “Trying it” without explicit intent to develop it has barely any value at the moment.

Carlooosss!!! Welcome back :heart:

but why official page says Dawn 0%?? :thinking:

Just be patient little padawan.

You can still try to use it - but have to merge and patch every not working stuff by yourself and this end up in redundant work, some one other have done and not share it because of some still missing bugs.. and because some neural networks pushing updates every week. So please stay on the secure default route if you not have the time to end up and support like a full time developer.

What is gdawn? The follow-up of dawn? dawn with gtk4?

I missed something there - I’ve been away from Librem5 for about four years, and seeing how much the development has progressed since then has been quite impressive. If all of this had happened within just four weeks, this were what we all dreamed of.

But the fact that we only have one developer, and he’s doing absolutely incredible work, is something else. He’s not only pushing the development forward at an insane pace for one person, but he’s also always here in the forum, ready to provide support. It’s honestly unbelievable.

And while I have the opportunity: a huge thank you for everything he @dos is doing!

So, when can we all test dawn? Hope for this year.

Keep an eye on: PureOS Dawn Alpha Release · PureOS · GitLab

gdawn just means dawn.

Carlos, please what means s.k.?