Trying to emulate Librem 5

Hello! I’m trying to follow the developer documentation. I downloaded Qemu, and the script and trying to emulate the phone OS.

I’m on Windows.

Qemu gets stuck on “Booting from Hard Disk…”

In task manager Qemu is using CPU and Memory but no disk?

What can I do to troubleshoot?

Can you tell us how exactly you are running qemu? In other words, the command line you used, the image file, etc.

It’s easy to get the wrong image by accident, and qemu won’t boot it if the architecture of the image doesn’t match the architecture it expects.

“C:\Program Files\qemu\qemu-system-x86_64.exe”
“D:\imx6.img”

If I change the name of the image, then it won’t find anything and give an error.

I’m using the powershell script, so I can just run that instead of copy pasting the same command, so everything should be correct, apart from having to change the locations of the files. Which I did.

You need the qemu-x86_64.img.xz file from this page, which seems to be the latest x86 build.

Sorry about the confusion. I will take a look to see if this can be made clearer in the documentation.

Edit: I changed the link above to a later version.

That’s okay! I’ll try it with this image now :slight_smile:

Edit:

I’m getting farther now! I have the lockscreen up now! I’ll mess around and ask questions if I run into any trouble:) Thank you for the help!

with qemu i start librem5 and i see the pin lock: what is the pin? I can not unlock it :face_with_raised_eyebrow::joy:

123456 is the pin.

Extra text Extra text Extra text

thanks very much …