What should I do to get Qubes 4.0 working on my Librem 15v3

Hi guys,

I’m not a tech savy but i’ve been running Qubes 3.2 smoothly on my Librem laptop up until 4.0 released.

I’ve had a trouble with this issue i guess cause i couldn’t completed the installation :

https://puri.sm/posts/qubes4-fully-working-on-librem-laptops/

It’s mentioning a coreboot update, is that available already ?

What should i exatcly do to get this working ? Thank you.

One extra question,

Is there anybody else having problems with sys-whonix briges on Qubes 3.2 ?

There’s a thread here about running the Coreboot updater:

It’s not super user friendly, but it should work

Yes it worked like a charm after i realized the basic instructions.

Although when i check this :

Checking whether or not the Intel ME is neutralized in your image

If you flashed the neutered-me rom you can confirm the ME condition by utilizing the same command as above, the most important lines are the first 7 match these output:

coreboot/util/cbmem$ sudo ./cbmem -c | grep ^ME
ME: FW Partition Table : OK
ME: Bringup Loader Failure : NO
ME: Firmware Init Complete : NO
ME: Manufacturing Mode : YES
ME: Boot Options Present : NO
ME: Update In Progress : NO
ME: Current Working State : Recovery

Results came up like this :

ME: FW Partition Table : BAD
ME: Bringup Loader Failure : YES
ME: Firmware Init Complete : YES
ME: Manufacturing Mode : YES
ME: Boot Options Present : YES
ME: Update In Progress : YES
ME: D3 Support : YES
ME: D0i3 Support : YES
ME: Low Power State Enabled : YES
ME: CPU Replaced : YES
ME: CPU Replacement Valid : YES
ME: Current Working State : Unknown (15)

What does it means ?

My main focus was to get Qubes 4.0 working on my Librem, is this an obstacle ?

Thank you.

I think some of the documentation is outdated. Based on the forum post below, I think your output is actually expected

Hi tombulkus,

I have received my laptop only yesterday. I ordered the laptop to ship with Qube OS in a USB. I have searched length and breaadth of the forum. went through few articles by CSO of purism in linux journal. Visited QubeOS. Having said that im little confused to setup and make it run, none of the posts in forum has any direct step by step answers. Can you help me set this is up with your experience?

1. is the laptop shipped in nov 2018 has latestest coreboot? do i need to upgrade or not?
  2. The Qube OS shipped with purism is an installable or already installed live qube OS?
  3. I have opened the laptop entered disc encryption password and created account and loggedinto to pureos, Now how do i install qube os to disk and make it my primary OS?
  4. after installing Qube OS how to configure Libream Key to work with it for tamper proof and use it for signing in purposes?
  5. the PR article posted in purism site says Librem key works out of the box, is it true or do i need to do something else?

These are my basic questions, if you start attempting to answer, we can have a kind of idiot’s guide and point new users to a workflow in one single place that helps them set up.

Community is highly helpful, there are tons of resources but its very overwhelming for me to to find where to start

Im a software developer who is comfortable with basic linux commands, but never had any system level experience in linux nor installed anything in linux. Please guide me

Anand

1 Like

I am not the one to give any advice. I am new to Linux also. I will say that there is another thread on this forum concerning the Librem Key. Look for a thread concerning the “Librem Key”. Purism has posted documentation for the Librem Key and how to set it up. I just discovered it tonight and have yet to go through it.

As far as Qubes? I ordered it but it didn’t come with my computer and I wasn’t charged for it. Not that I had any intention of jumping into that when I am “very” new to Linux and am still trying to figure out how that works. My 15V3 came with a Tails installer and I have gotten that loaded onto a USB.

1 Like