Where’s my refund?

Okay, good luck. If you’re not interested in selling your order to some guy like me I probably can’t help you further other than to express my confidence that Librem 14’s do physically exist in this world and are not a scam other than perhaps the possibility of the time between purchase and shipping being longer than what you might expect.

Here’s a photo of my Librem 14 taken from my Liberty Phone (fancy Librem 5):

Also, I think the forum user who said he didn’t see a response for a year and a half was facing a technical issue and not a refund, so I was probably misremembering that. Good luck.

4 Likes

No clue why you’re defending purism this hard but what I stated in the first post pretty much describes factual ghosting/ ignoring of mails with certain topics whilst on the other hand answering emails with other topics. It’s not an oversight if this applies to all of their different departments.

5 Likes

Know the Truth and the Truth will set you Libre.

Yeah it is.

Here is my Librem 14 too. :wink:

2 Likes

You guys sound like bots. I’m addressing their unwillingness to refund customers and to ship out the ordered devices, meanwhile you “proof” that those devices exist (which was never doubted?).

4 Likes

Can’t you just issue a chargeback? (hopefully you paid with a credit card)

2 Likes

if you don’t mind, could you please give what reasons make you purchase the librem 14 ?
Also why did you pay this much money for it ?

1 Like

I can’t, since I moved out of the US I paid with crypto. This shouldn’t be an issue though since the price of the type of crypto I paid with skyrocketed and is now valued more than the $3k I paid (hence why it should be easy to refund me unless they gambled or smoked the funds lol)…
I requested a refund at like every different department they have and they all ghost/ ignore me whenever I mention a refund. Comically they reply when it’s about a different topic.

3 Likes

The price was as high due to the configuration I requested. At checkout you can choose the specs and their “size” (1TB RAM for examples), which is how pricing is calculated at checkout.
Obviously I DO NOT RECOMMEND to buy a Librem 14. Don’t even ask me for advice or why to buy it just DON’T. This whole company appears to be the exact Ponzi scheme rip off that was reported on social media many times. It’s insane that something like this can happen within the US.

3 Likes

Didn’ t you notice the banner in the shop that international shipping is posponed (since Januari) and it is expected to startup again this month (March)?

2 Likes

I did which is why I contacted support BEFOREHAND to make sure I’m good to go. And the latest update in regard of shipping they gave me was “everything is ready bla bla there is just a small issue with DHL wait a few days”, this was like a month ago.

2 Likes

I am not thinking of buying from them, i was just curious why you chose to buy from them rather than other companies.

Their ssds prices are insanely high, they charge 600$ for a 1tb ssd where you can buy one right now from samsung for 80$. They charge 880$ for a 2tb ssd where you can buy one that is faster for 150$.

1 Like

I ordered another Librem 5 in december and I’m looking forward to the delivery this month. They indeed expected to deliver sooner but appollegized for the delay.
One thing I learned since placing orders at Purism you need to be patient, but they will deliver. :grinning:

5 Likes

What I learned was that at this srage Purism is incapable of reliably estimating timelines and to not trust their estimates. Patience is a way of coping with that.

6 Likes

My journalist friends recommended it, that’s why I bought it. Looking back you’re absolutely right though, there are tons of other options you could and SHOULD go with who offer faster shipping, reliable support and most important you get more for your money. Purism is a rip off.

3 Likes

This was their fault. They refused to refund phones until they were ready to ship.

3 Likes

You’re missing the possibility that they sold the crypto for $US at the time (since that’s more fungible). That would be a legitimate scenario for them to not have your crypto any more.

2 Likes

That was me. Yes, it was a technical issue, but the principle is the same. I tried again, and it looks like I have been ghosted at exactly the same point in the process by support. As soon as it became apparent that it’s some sort of hardware issue that might require Purism to spend some money or effort to fix and not a configuration issue…POOF! No response. Not even an offer to fix the phone for money.

And as soon as @someday wanted his money back, POOF! No response.

5 Likes

I honestly never minded how they refunded me (in crypto or fiat money). I was trying to debuff the possible excuse of no longer having the $3k due to crypto’s volatility.

3 Likes

Exactly. That’s why I quite feel forced to give my lawyer a call honestly.

3 Likes

If you have a lawyer you should always contact them first, rather than think about contacting them. Lawyers jobs are much easier when they’re consulted up front.

4 Likes