Where’s my refund?

Okay, give him some time to read and answer. I hope problem will be solved this way.

1 Like

:pray:
Purism: @joao.azevedo

2 Likes

Alright. Does he need my order id or anything?

1 Like

I think so, but he will ask you what he need and I guess he will tell you to PM him about private information. Please remove this order number from public forum to your own security. :wink:

But as I said, give him some time to read this. He’s just a common user from activity-perspective.

1 Like

Alright bet

1 Like

@JCS In case you missed my ping, can you investigate what’s happening with @someday L14 order? The user spoke about “send or refund” and I guess if Purism would send it, problem would be solved for both. And if there’s a delay, please tell why if you can.

1 Like

Does JCS work for the company ?

1 Like

Up to a point, yes.

1 Like

Read this for more information.

2 Likes

Message sent to kick off an escalation. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I’ve been brought into significantly more roles and responsibilities lately which fragments my tasks/attention and I truly wish to help everyone as much as possible, so these pings help remind me to follow through.

FWIW, I’m also looking into things on the policy and infrastructure side to try and make these tickets more transparent and convenient for customers in the future, but I’m juggling a lot of responsibilities and expectations right now, so it may take me a little time to execute.

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Getting ghosted by support

If Purism were issuing refunds, you’ve got to know that they would tell us that they are issuing refunds. Purism’s biggest reputation hit comes from their initial promise to early Librem 5 purchasers to issue refunds to anyone who requests a refund, followed by no one getting a refund without the help of their state Attorney General. Never forget that your purchase is final as soon as Purism receives your up-front payment. Purism is pathalogical about this, to the point of their accepting the public shame that goes with their backing out of a publicly made promise and accompanying non-delivery on that promise on a large scale, followed by a retro-active change to the refund policy. So it doesn’t matter how much money Purism has in the bank. They will not willingly issue any refunds, nor will they ever apologize for violating their agreements made to early Librem 5 purchasers with respect to denying people of their promised refunds. I’ve never seen anything like this anywhere else. In most other cases, this lack of integrity would have been the end of a business. In my opinion, the long-term viability of the business is at risk because of this on-going unresolved problem and the potential risk that other similar unethical actions may occur again in the future.

4 Likes

Again as someone who has never requested a refund, I am concerned that your post might be over sensationalized. Anecdotally, the last refund request story that I was reading here on the forums included notes about the Purism support offering profuse apologies about non-ideal conditions or something like that. I struggle to imagine what reason Purism would have for any legitimate malice of any kind towards customers.

3 Likes

Continuing to have a “refund policy” while knowing that you won’t or can’t follow it is malicious. Companies can be malicious even if most of the employees are not.

2 Likes

This describes how, not why.

At this stage I doubt we’ll ever know. Purism has had ample opportunity to be transparent on this topic and has chosen not to be. As such imagining different scenarios has minimal value and sharing those hypotheticals even less as there is a very loud group that pounces on those for being “baseless speculation” regardless of the basis for the speculation. Because we’ll very likely never know the why we’re being asked by purism to accept the actions regardless of the why…

4 Likes

I am not yet a Purism investor, as I opted to buy another Liberty Phone for backup instead of investing (yet?). So you can take my question with a grain of salt. But I was wondering, if the business is profitable by $3 million then why do customers still come to the forums claiming to have been ignored when they ask for a refund on an order?

If Purism is sitting on sufficient assets to build a healthier relationship with customers and refund those who ask, and indeed then if folks on the forums complaining of their refund requests falling into the void are actually trolls and not real customers, is there a future where we might start banning that kind of troll?

I have never requested a refund on a Purism order and was happy with the products I received, so I was never aware of the real circumstances surrounding how a refund request would or would not go.

4 Likes

:pray: Thanks

Purism | Libre Software | @dos

1 Like

There are many ways this could happen, some due to incompetence, some due to malice, all are solveable with the right desire and effort.

2 Likes

So you are not allowing any other options? Harsh. :wink:

Depends what you mean by that and where you got that number from?

2 Likes

Or I’m just not itemizing every possible option and sticking to the most probable options.

It may be harsh but the overwhelming majority of feasible scenarios boil down to one of these two at a base level.

2 Likes