Bluetooth conectivity problems with my Librem5, L5

I have been using my Librem 5 for 5 months, and from time to time I connected it by Bluetooth to a speaker to listen to music, or to my car. And when I connected it the first few times to these devices, the connection failed. The failure was like a bad connection, like when you listen to the radio in an area where it does not reach very well and is choppy. As if it connected and disconnected constantly and quickly, so that I listened to the music jerky.

But this problem disappeared (plus my music listening time also went down so the occurrence of the problem was less frequent.) and now I want to listen to music again in my car or on my speaker and this glitch is unavoidable, but if I connect any other device to the car or to the handheld speaker nothing happens, only with the Librem5. But the music plays correctly, from the Librem5 speakers or if I connect headphones through the 3.5mm jack port.

Also, I always try to connect several times, reboot the L5, and go to settings to forget the devices and reconfigure the connection, but still fails. I do not understand what is the fault, the updates that appear in the PureOS store are up to date. can someone help me, I need to listen to music in my car, and neither the car nor the handheld speaker have a 3.5mm jack connection. I mean if I don’t connect them via Bluetooth I have no way to listen to music.

thankyou :sweat_smile:

1 Like

What Wi-Fi/Bluetooth module are you using?

1 Like

I don’t know, how do I find this information

1 Like

One way is to take off the back cover and housing plate, then look on the module on the right side. You can also infer it from the time you ordered your Librem 5.

1 Like

Hi Radran42,

i have this with a SparkLAN Wifi-Card too, on my Headphones. Just try the follow: Keep your Librem5 still awake and unlocked. Disconnect your Car Speaker by the Cars Menu form your Librem5. And while your Librem5 is awake, repair your Car with your Phone. And Check it on your Librem5 if it accept this pairing by adding it to its Bluetooth Setting, or connected Devices.

Since you paired it in the past your Phone should notice and accept it with less effort.

And when you have this, start your App to play your Music. If its on standby and paused before - i have the experience that sound often will be choppy. In my Case it often will be choppy if i try to repair a playing song just in time, and often paused it would not help.

Another Source can be, if you use your Mobile Data Setting to Stream this Music from the Internet and try to push it to Bluetooth. If you play it offline or have it stored on your phone it will likely have less interference.

Enjoy your Music!

2 Likes

thanks, right now I can’t try it but when I can I’ll tell you how it went.

1 Like

i opened my phone, the module is the: AP6275s; B115B006; 2145

1 Like

Definitely the SparkLAN module. When you can, try out @Christal’s suggestion and let us know the results.

1 Like

thank you very much for everything really

1 Like

Don’t take this bad: but if you not know how to find that information without uncover the device, that means that the Librem 5 is not for you YET.

// wroted from RasberryPi 5 plus an Impure Linux Operating System.

2 Likes

hello, I have tried it several times and it does not work, it continues to fail, I attach a video so you can hear what happens.

thank you for trying to help me unselfishly and without judgment, thank you very much.

its a google drive link so… :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Just covering all the bases…
Try closing all windows but the music player and see if that fixes the stuttering.

3 Likes

I have made this comment in the threads linked above, but I highly suspect the bluetooth card stutters due to signal interference, which is a hardware issue. I suspect it because I noticed the stuttering is based more on environment than anything in software.

When I am driving in a busy city the stuttering is more common, but when I am driving in a rural area there is no stuttering. Also, when I am at work which has a lot of people and devices there is more stuttering, but when I am at home with significantly less devices there is little to no stuttering.

4 Likes

That’s why i like the Time where you could burn a 0,32 Cent CD-Rom with your favorite Music or MP3s to a physical CD-Rom and just played it offline.

I am kind of sorry for you and if your Phone is no solution to play Music. However if an LineageOs or GraphenOS Android phone play music, it still not have the privacy Information from your Librem5. Like Emails, Family Chats over Matrix and Signal-Chats… try to have multiple Devices for that kind of usage.

Bluetooth is kind of a security Nightmare like Flash-Plugin for Browses in the 1990 or 2000 years.

3 Likes

I’ve been testing it, closing all the applications, closing everything but the music player… and it doesn’t work.

but thank you.

2 Likes

I also thought about it, and I went to a secluded road in the bush that I have “near”, but nothing, it happens the same in an area with many devices and in a totally empty area for several kilometers around.

2 Likes

I’m with you,
I think the possible solution is to buy or make a device that is a jack 3.5mm input to a Bluetooth output. The input jack to connect it to the L5 jack and output Bluetooth to connect it to the car.
I guess it should work that way.

thank you :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Bluetooth adapters with AUX inputs fitting your description do exist on the market.

1 Like

Yes I have found one, when it arrives and I can try it I will share my impressions. I have bought this one:
https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B0BBZZXQTL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

Or: Tips & Tricks · Wiki · Librem5 / Librem 5 Community Wiki · GitLab

3 Likes