Camera development progress

How you are doing that exactly. Please, if necessary, reply by PM.

3 Likes

Post canā€™t be empty

1 Like
2 Likes

Millipixels does not officially have those features just yet. I havenā€™t made a release, because they make hangups come out from hiding :frowning:

But the truth is that itā€™s coming. It could just take a while.

12 Likes

I like the new (todays) version of Millipixel very much. With the addition of the automatic options for focus, exposure and gain it has become an adequate app. Nice!

One question though: what are these vague variables top left of the screen? Are they placeholders for aperture, distance and iso? Am I correct in thinking they will be replaced by more intuitive values in the future?

4 Likes

ā€œExposureā€ is the exposure time (in no particular unit). Gain is the ISO gain. Focus isā€¦ well, it corresponds to the focal plane distance in some monotonic way. Iā€™d have to check. At some point I expect to rename them, but itā€™s not so easy to nail them down in the first place.

6 Likes

Itā€™s great to finally see these settings change automatically as you move around through different light levels. Nice work, @dcz, @dos, ā€œ@others?ā€!

6 Likes

Thanks for trying anyway! ļ‘ļ˜€

This wouldnā€™t have happened without a certain Mr. Machek.

5 Likes

Wow, so cool to see it adjust the numbers on the fly. Awesome update! Echoing @amarok, massive Thank you to @dcz, @dos, Mr. Machek, and all involved.

4 Likes

I had to quote myself in a digression, because those are a thumbs up and a smiley I typed on my L5 (in Angelfish).

What went wrong there?!

1 Like

I installed ĀµPlayer to play the videos taken by the camera. ĀµPlayer works great too.

1 Like

I see those elsewhere when receiver canā€™t recognize the codes for those emojiā€™s. Like if it was old or didnā€™t have images for then in itā€™s database, or the codes were garbled.

Other: how do you all find the sound quality in your videos? Mine seems to have a high pitched noise, like the L5 had a fan on, or a room aircon was picked up (neither exists). Could it be a sound setting wrong?

The auto feature is a big yes (thanks to all) but I noticed, it seems to amplify the orang-ish tinge of warm-white bulbs. Will there be an option to have auto-balancedwhite?

Same here.

Same here.

Whereā€™s this package? Is the name I used correct?

purism@pureos:~$ sudo apt install uplayer
[sudo] password for purism:
Reading package listsā€¦ Done
Building dependency treeā€¦ Done
Reading state informationā€¦ Done
E: Unable to locate package uplayer

Its a Flatpak
Edit: Name= Livi

1 Like

I installed it via de PureOS Store (GNOME Software) application.

1 Like

I see a lot of people have now been updated to the new version of Millipixels that has auto exposure, gain, balance and focus and seem very happy with it. I have been using the dev version for quite a while and most of the time experience the problem where Millipixels hangs when taking a photo with the back camera (described in this post).

Today I purged the dev version I was using, including dependencies, and installed the latest official version from the PureOS store. The problem with camera hangs still remains though, which maybe isnā€™t that surprising as I guess the now official version should be the same as the dev version I was using before.

I am interested to know if Millipixels now works flawlessly for others or if many of you encounter the above problem?

I have also upgraded to the newly released version (Iā€™m really impressive about the work. Thanks to the devs!!! )

I have played a little around with it and I just realized that the videos I took yesterday was in the video folder and of course not the Picture folder. haha. So for now I have not experienced any real issues and I have made some very well pictures and videos.

Previous I also experienced ā€œthe hangā€, but I have not experienced it with the new update yet.
To be fair I have not used it that much yet.

1 Like