Just under a week into using the Librem 5, I’m finding it to be a major upgrade over the Pinephone in many ways, but charging is a serious problem.
I’ve tried five chargers with the Librem 5:
- Included charger, works fine.
- Belkin 68W USB-C PD charger, works fine
- Anker PowerPort PD Nano 20W, fails to negotiate any charging amperage
- Onn USB 2 charger, works at 0.5A. Not enough to charge the battery, but significantly slows down the discharge rate.
- Belkin 37W dual port car charger (USB-C PD and USB-A), repeatedly connects and disconnects, no net effect on discharge rate
From my understanding, and from what I’ve seen on the forum, the Librem 5 won’t take a voltage higher than 5V. But the non-working USB-C PD chargers should support some current at 5V, which the Librem 5 should be able to request from the charger.
Is this a known problem?