Chatty version - upgrade possible?

Chatty recently tagged version 0.8.2.
Chatty on my Librem 5 is still 0.7.3.
Is it possible to upgrade Chatty to a more recent version, for example by installing a newer flatpak?
Chatty on Flathub is version 0.7.3 though.
I really would like to have more up-to-date versions of apps on the Librem 5.

5 Likes

@FranklyFlawless what is the version of Chatty in Crimson?

Thank you.

1 Like

it’s version 0.8.0~rc0

3 Likes
sudo apt list chatty --installed
Listing... Done
chatty/landing,now 0.8.0~rc0-1pureos1 arm64 [installed,automatic]
3 Likes

Is my L5 able to update Chatty (after successful Flash again.

I get:

Upgradeable? new word :slight_smile:

1 Like

0.7.3 is the official current version of PureOS.

2 Likes

Byzantium uses an older version of Chatty, while I use Crimson, which has a later version.

3 Likes

How is Crimson going for you?

1 Like

Great, overall better than Byzantium.

Pretty stable? Thinking of swapping my repos and giving it a dist-upgrade on my main device if there’s no issue.

1 Like

It is a tradeoff in stability in exchange for better performance and usability. If you heavily use Firefox ESR like I do, I am certain you will appreciate what Crimson has to offer.

You must reflash in order to use Crimson, so externally backup any important files, then follow these instructions below.

2 Likes

Crimson does not work well with the cell modem.

3 Likes

It seems to be fine for me.

which modem are you using?

1 Like

So this issue is resolved for you?

3 Likes

BM818-A1.

Partially. I just did a small series of cellular hardware kill switch tests against the Clock app’s timer:

• 15 seconds
  • 45 seconds
  • 2 minutes 53 seconds

The tenative conclusion is that the modem does eventually turn on, but the timing seems to be arbitrary and unreproducible.

3 Likes

That matches my experience, although my worst time thus far was over 30 minutes which is painful.

2 Likes

Usually if I cannot get the modem to activate within 1 minute, I turn off and on the phone and see if that somehow changes the conditions.

2 Likes

you can find newer flatpak files upstream, I downloaded one and tested it in a virtual machine.

something you can do is to go to upstream World / Chatty · GitLab and ask them kindly to update flathub.

1 Like

It seems that there is some work being done on a new Chatty flatpak: Flatpak: many of the dependencies are outdated (#881) · Issues · World / Chatty · GitLab

2 Likes