“Count down” for Librem5 delivered to North America

Will they send out tracking numbers?

Yes, at least in my case the have sent out a tracking number.

3 Likes

Order Number: #Purism_<some_random_numbers>
Order Date: October 21, 2017
Order Status: Awaiting Shipment

Received: N/A (boo!!)

2 Likes

ordered December 26, 2018
L5 with 30" monitor kit ( might not get mine till last with the monitor)
Selected modem
Hoping for St Nic will bring

3 Likes

Oooh…I ordered Jan 19th, 2019, maybe I’ll get mine before the end of the year?

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

No chance for either of you. :frowning:

I think the intention of this topic is that you report after you receive your phone what the order date was and what the receive date was. Then someone can see the progress through the order dates and see how it relates to their own order date.

As far as I can tell, customers who are receiving phones now all ordered towards the end of 2017 (August / September / October) i.e. the beginning of the campaign.

6 Likes

I backed on 27 sep '17, still no modem choice email

2 Likes

Which means, that according to this thread you are somewhere at place ~1.110 in the queue.

3 Likes

Yeah, somewhere around there. Given the fact we have absolutely no clue how many devices have actually shipped I’m not expecting mine until the March/ April time frame

1 Like

Seems like a bulk of the phones were ordered 2017-2018 so I would think that the order date should accelerate as things move along. Unless I’m reading the calculated cumulative list of the number of phones right.

1 Like

Also, I could be wrong but, I think Purism will be closed over the Xmas / New Year period. So unless you get shipping advice in the next few days, I would say (again) … no chance to receive the phone before the end of the year.

1 Like

evergreen question - which year (pun intended)

4 Likes

No I understand, my enthusiasm got the better of me. I realize I’ll be waiting for the new year for mine. That’s why I ordered a new lcd for my Nexus 5. Think I might try Ubiports on it…

4 Likes

Ordered: August 29, 2017
Received: December 22, 2020
Batch: Evergreen

Oh, but it was shipped on December 17, 2020

6 Likes

Ordered: September 25th 2017

No email about modem yet.

1 Like

US; Ordered February 13, 2019
Receipt date: N/A
Received: N/A

3 Likes

US: Ordered September 24, 2017
Email confirmation date: not yet
Ship date: not yet
Received: not yet

1 Like
Ordered:       2017-08-24
Modem Email:   2020-11-19
Shipped Email: 2021-01-11 (via FedEx, from Carlsbad, California, U.S.A.)
Arrival:       2021-01-14 (in Colorado, U.S.A.)
10 Likes

Ordered the non USA version, 11-27-20 as part of a larger order where I also purchased a Lib 15 and some other goodies. Love my Lib 15 BTW!!!.
I did receive an email confirmation for the entire order and received everything but the phone in a very timely fashion. Very happy with Purism, their support, their vision.

No I dont get paid or get free stuff for saying good things here. I’m just a techie pyromaniac, that wants his country back. I run into the smoke and flames for a living, which I guess makes me certifiably crazy, which is why the call us “wild firefighters”.

As I am happy to put my money into companies that are an alternative to Data Harvesters…
I think I am going to see if I can upgrade my order to a USA Lib 5 and pay the difference. https://shop.puri.sm/shop/librem-5-usa/ $2k for a phone, that ships in 6-8 weeks, made in the USA is a step in the right direction.
Considering current events, chip shortages, Hong Kong, and soon Taiwan…the “Chickens are commin home to roost”. Hopefully folks will wake up to the fact that our Kahunas are in a vice and China is turnin the screw handle…
I applauded PURISM for putting their money in building the Lib 5 USA here. I will do the same and see if we can get credit for the $800 I paid for the phone I never received and cough up another $1200 for one I will, hopefully before Christmas.
Love this company more and more…

I will keep you posted…

UPDATE- here’s the reply to my email.
Lead time is now 90 days instead of 6 to 8 weeks as the website says, so I wont have it before Christmas…booohoo.

Yes, we can provide a coupon code for the amount you paid for L5 order, so you can simply create new Librem 5 USA order (by applying the coupon code and paying just for the price difference). Current ETA for shipping Librem 5 USA is some 90 days approx.

Cheers

4 Likes