Estimate your Librem 5 shipping

One guy who did a review ordered it 19 September 2018.
He was scheduled for Dogwood.
He received the Evergreen Librem 5 in the middle of November 2020.

2 Likes

Interesting! Is there an explanation why he was jumping queue so heavily?

1 Like

If the order date is really September 2018 and is already served, then the queue is not served in FIFO order. Would be nice to have an explanation, why.

2 Likes

Maybe because he creates review videos?

1 Like

I suspect that he made a mistake and the date he ordered was 19 September 2017, and not 19 September 2018. He also also said that he paid $500 for the phone, whereas he paid $599, so he didn’t get a lot of the details right.

2 Likes

@jonsger Did you already enter this one here in your list?

1 Like

Ich bin, leider, nicht Deutsch. That said, I might end up living there one day so you raise a valid point.

I sent another e-mail asking to wait until the CE certification is done - I don’t really need my L5 right now, waiting a little longer would give them a chance to hammer out any hardware bugs that get found and there’s not that much advantage in me getting mine immediately because I rarely ever use my current phone for any kind of communication and as such I’d be a terrible beta tester.

2 Likes

I do not think so, as he shows the email header with the date here in his video. Unless he did not copy this text and made a mistake when making this text.

3 Likes

Bringing this up top again as a reminder. Several new arrivals could be added.

Then give me some hints. I updated the table on 8th January will watching reddit and this forum closley…

3 Likes

My apologies! I looked but didn’t notice your updates.

If any are missing, it’s probably because they haven’t posted their order date or shipping date yet.

I take it you’re referring to the long awaited update that was promised to come in January…? No, I don’t think it’s here yet and I’d expect it to be in the Purism site (news and such) as well as in an email (not there either) - or at least one of the two. But then again, going from history, I’d expect to hear around Jan 31st (Honolulu timezone). A delay of a few weeks moths on that date is not out of the question either. And, it’s most likely (given history) just some update, not an announcement to ship to all - that was not promised, if I recall (but we can hope).

3 Likes

There has been discussion in the Librem 5 Matrix room that the shipping update post is being worked on this week. So, hopefully by Friday.

12 Likes

Now, I’m sure, as soon as we original backers get our estimation mails, some will complain “so, the original backers will have theirs till easter, this likely means I’ll get mine… Xmas… 2022… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

To put things a bit into perspective (as can also be extracted from the first post here), I updated my old stats post 3500 phones ordered, almost $2.5 million raised

To summarize:
The original backers ordered about 3000 phones. Let’s assume 500 got theirs already.
That means about 2500 should to receive an estimation email soon.
By the end of 2018, about 1000 new orders had been placed.
Depending wheter you assume linear growth or not, it would be about 1000 more in 2019 and 2020 (or more, or less :face_with_monocle:)

In other words, (with linear extrapolation), the original backers are almost 50% of sales.
Of course these numbers are speculative, and orders could have increased or decreased or both :wink:

6 Likes

That was quick :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Thanks for your efforts on ths @Caliga! :slight_smile: Estimates are just that, estimtes, but it helps provide some perspectives. I ordered in Sept 2018, so i’m still a ways out it looks like. The big unknown now is the cpu supply chain. Which is understandable. The virtue of patience :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My old phone has been dying for a year!!!
Please send me a working phone asap!!!
Thanks for putting all the work into the estimated shipping.

2 Likes

In December, I ordered a Librem5 for my young adult/teen, but unless I missed it in the fine print, I did not read anywhere on the information page for the Librem5 about anything I am seeing on this thread. Which is it’s taking months if not years for people to get the phones they ordered? Am I misunderstanding? What is this Evergreen, Fir, Birch etc all about? TBH, I feel like my username. I found this webpage/forum thread after seeing “Awaiting shipment” on my order for over a month now, with no further emails that indicated any status of the order or future shipment date. Transparency anyone?