Crimson Experience

Where though? Is there a link for ARM64 crimson images?

1 Like

Image Builds landing [Image Builds] [Jenkins]

The file is named librem5r4.img.xz and requires archive extraction.

2 Likes

Awesome thank you for the link, based on this post:

Any image builds in landing are now crimson not byzantium, would be my assumption since it does’t say crimson in the image build file.

2 Likes

Yes, correct. There is no crimson build for the Librem 5 on Jenkins, so landing is the workaround to that other than building your own image.

1 Like

Jenkins is successfully building images again, so I reflashed Crimson and noticed a few immediate changes:

• Haptic feedback works across the entire operating system.
  • Partitions utilize the entire eMMC, so there is no need to resize them to install Flatpaks, etc.
11 Likes

There were a bunch of package installations and updates on Crimson today, much more than usual:

The following NEW packages will be installed:
  bsd-mailx cron-daemon-common
  exim4-base exim4-config
  exim4-daemon-light gettext-base
  grub-common grub-theme-pureos
  libefiboot1 libefivar1 libfuse2
  libgnutls-dane0 liblockfile-bin
  liblockfile1 libunbound8 os-prober
  plymouth-theme-pureos
  pureos-artwork-base
  pureos-init-disk-crypto
The following packages will be upgraded:
  cron gnome-initial-setup 
  libmm-glib0 libyelp modemmanager
  yelp
8 Likes

I hope the upgrade to modemmanager resolves the intermittent delays in initializing the modem.

3 Likes

Yes it did.

6 Likes

Camera works in Crimson?

1 Like

Specify the packages and/or Flatpaks.

In the Byzantinium release it calls itself “Camera” and is part of the distribution after flashing the phone

1 Like

Sure, but that is not the package/Flatpak, so specify it as mentioned earlier.

It was installed with the original flash of Byzantinium. Somewhere I have heard that it could be “Millipixels” or so?

ii  millipixels                                    0.22.0-1pureos1                          arm64        GTK3 camera app for mobile using the V4L2 media request API

1 Like

Millipixels has an unmet dependency.

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 millipixels : Depends: libtiff5 (>=4.0.3) but it is not installable

Any way to build this missing module from GIT or any other possibility to make the Camera working?

1 Like

Provide instructions and I will execute them.

This is a question for the developers. Any way to compile/build libtiff5 in an appropriate way from sources?
There is something like silence over all the things about Crimson… Looks not very promising ATM

All has to be “pulled out of the nose” of Purism.

The lack of all informations here give me the impression to look for PM-OS as a future alternative on the L5

1 Like

I’ve gone Mobian myself. Trixie now so one version ahead of Crimson, even.

Somehow not as polished as PureOS but is close. Even supports multiple users and DEs out of the box.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it be better to have Millipixels update to libtiff6, which seems to be in there?

2 Likes

Sounds very interesting! Is there a list of things that work and of things that not work? Thanks for the info, I will make an installation if the build works stable

1 Like